It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User
first week over

still on the patches but cant sleep no repleys from this board is there any other board for support as I think it would to keep me going

Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: first week over

Congrats on getting through Hell Week if you've made it this far there's no stopping you now. I did it Cold Turkey so I don't know if the patch has anything to do with the insomnia. I had it also that first week. I guess I would suggets a wind down period before bed and when I really can't sleep I take a few tylenols they seem to help me.

Keep up the great work your off to a fabulous start it just gets better from this point on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

i stopped for 9 weeks on patches after the first 2 weeks i slept ok but i was back on the smoking due to stress i stopped yesterday again and woke up every hour last night i must admit i do smoke during the night when i am smoking

Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi ray...i agree with you about getting hardly any responses from this board. i posted almost the same thing as you did, several months ago, about no response. it is frustrating, that's for sure.
i have been an on again, off again smoker for about a yr now. i have been smoking for 42 yrs. about 2 pks a day the last 15 or so yrs. i do believe i'm ready to try another quit(can't tell you how many times over the yrs). longest i went was 4 mos.(twice) once cold turkey and the other with the patch. with some people, they can't wear the patch at bedtime, due to insomnia. do you wear one to bed?
i wish i could be a good influence on you, so we could help each other with this journey. first off, i need to quit again (i have commit losenges this time). it is hard for me also because i am physically disabled, so don't get out much, or any excersise at all(total boredom here!). also, hubby continues to smoke, so i need to get over the fact that there are cigs here i can get a hold of........best of luck, and hoping you get more support!
bevann

Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
(female)

little_miss HB User

Hi all i am in the same boat have been off cigs for one week and using patches, i feel i am doing really well but what i think of every time i get a craving is the amount of money i used to spend every month £140 and what i could buy with it instead, save it for a holiday or even just treat yourself or your family every so often i know it won't work for everyone but it's whats getting me through just now along with the patches. The only problem i have is when i wake during the night my back and ribs are so sore i feel like someone has beat me up while ive been sleeping anyway good luck and keep it up.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Congratulations on one week little miss!!
Do you use the quit meter? It shows how much money you have saved from not smoking, how many cigs you have not smoked, etc. It is an inspiration for me.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
(female)

little_miss HB User

Hi no i haven't used the quit meter but think it would help me too can you tell me where to find it. i thought it would get easier not harder as time went on i feel like im just eating non stop i have put on weight dunno how much scared to go near the scales.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

I am not sure if we can post web sites here, but if you ****** quit meters for smoking cessation you should find some.
I gained a lot of weight while quitting also. I haven't weighed either, like you, afraid to. I am trying to get into a diet or healthy eating plan like I use to, but I find it hard right now for various reasons, but I will eventually. At least I'm not smoking.
Keep up the good work!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #9
(female)

little_miss HB User

Thanks nomoresmokin i found a site where i downloaded the quit meter think it will be a big help. Thanks again

Closed Thread