It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
hi all

dont know if anyone remembers me on this board but i was here about 3 months ago i was of smoking for 9 weeks and am trying again this is only my second day the last time i stopped i did not think i would go back on them but life has been very stressful and i thought i could just have 1 now and again (big mistake) i soon was back on a pack or more a day so i am trying again but finding it a lot harder this time anyhow just hope nobody makes that mistake as a smoker you cant have just 1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
(female)

maac21 HB User
Re: hi all

Hang in there you are strong and can be smoke free again ! dont give up!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks for the reply well i stayed of 2 days and was back on the next 2 days and i tried again hopefully i will do it this time this is my 3rd day now have you stopped long

Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

You can do it! I know what you mean. I have been under tremendous stress also. Almost lost my dad. He is in skilled nursing now, may have to go to a nursing home which I hate the thought of. Mom is sick and really needs to be in the hospital. I told myself, not the right time to quit smoking. What saved me was I didn't have cigarettes handy. I kept telling myself, if I smoke even one, I will smoke again and again. Thank goodness, the thought of smoking went away shortly, but I am so glad I didn't have any handy. Keep busy and each day is a new day.

16 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes, 56 seconds

Last edited by nomoresmokin'; 01-13-2008 at 06:21 AM.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you thats me on my fourth day but a bit down so far i havent smoked but finding it hard last year was a bad year for me too sorry to hear your problems i hope things get better as i know how you feel april my son was attack and was in icu he got better thanl goodness july my sister was told she had cancer so she went through a big op also i lost two brother in laws in one week in december so i dont know if the depression is caused by this or because i am not smoking

Closed Thread