It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

sagobro HB User
2weeks cold turkey!

I was smoking for about 8 yrs and have quit several times using meds, patches, and gum which never really worked. If you all belong to a gym, force yourself to run a mile a day. You won't be smoking much longer.

I've always been a gym rat but mostly weights and never cardio. I really think it's the most effective way to quit. I also started playing basketball again and it was the most pathetic half court game ever.

I know this time around I had to do something different and more militant. Cold turkey is possible!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Laylah HB User
Re: 2weeks cold turkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagobro View Post
I know this time around I had to do something different and more militant. Cold turkey is possible!!!
It is Sagobro, I'm on day thirteen here myself. I went 31 days last year; I intend to top that and keep on going. It feels to great to be off the smokes. The only problem in Ireland is that the weather is all over the place this time of year (well, in fairness, it's all over the place every time of year, lol) but especially in January you just never know when you're going to get the weather for a good long coastal run. Exercise is definitely beneficial though; I've had a few long walks/jogs since the new year and it always cheers me up and makes me feel much happier about things.

Good luck to you and keep on going.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Congratulations to you both. I really admire anyone who quits cold turkey. Keep it up.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Laylah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresmokin' View Post
Congratulations to you both. I really admire anyone who quits cold turkey. Keep it up.
Thank you. The problem, in my opinion nomoresmokin', is that people believe cold turkey is hell on earth, so then they experience it as hell on earth. I could never have even attempted cold turkey, or 'doin it rough' as it's referred to here, until I'd read Alan Carr's 'easy way to stop smoking'. It was a godsend for me and made the impossible possible. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by Laylah; 01-13-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

You could be right Laylah. I never attempted cold turkey because I was afraid of "suffering" from withdrawal. I still admire you!

16 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes, 56 seconds

Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

My Cold Turkey was hell on earth it was like detoxing off of hard drugs but I truly believe that's what keeps me from slipping up I DON'T EVER want to go through that again.

Congrats on the cold turkey keep up the great work.

19 months 1/12/08

Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Laylah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsmom;33***16
My Cold Turkey was hell on earth it was like detoxing off of hard drugs but I truly believe that's what keeps me from slipping up I DON'T EVER want to go through that again.

Congrats on the cold turkey keep up the great work.

19 months 1/12/08
Thanks for the congrats Liamsmom. On the subject of cold turkey though, in fairness, you'd have to have detoxed off narcotic drugs in order to be able to make the comparison. I have and trust me, there is no comparison!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
(female)

velveeta HB User

Congrats all you Quitters! I admire cold turkey people. I used Chantix and have not smoked in 10 months. Lovin the life for sure!!

Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
(male)

sagobro HB User

Just to keep you guys posted. I'm on 32 days smoke free. Ive been hitting the bars a lot because I just ended a 3 yr relationship and I'm so glad I'm not smoking to alleviate the stress.

I'm not going to the lie, the first week was miserable. I forced myself to go to the gym and run a mile every day. It was the most excruciating pain ever but after that first week I got used to it. I'm starting to breathe more clearly now. Just hope I didn't damage my lungs too bad.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
(female)

DannDees HB User

I am doing it cold turkey this time and tomorrow is my quit date. I have to look for the reading u posted. There is no way I could run a mile as walking up my stairs kills me so maybe I'll walk real fast. My problem is my mood. I have kids and I find myself being exhausted and biting thier heads off for the smallest things and being too tired to take care of them properly. Wish there was rehab for cigs.Maybe I should start one

Closed Thread