It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

pidypat HB User
Thumbs up one year

i made it one year 3 days non smokingi did it

Old 01-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User
Re: one year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidypat View Post
i made it one year 3 days non smokingi did it
That is wonderful!!!! Congratulations and well done. Yes, you did it!

nomoresmokin'
16 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes, 56 seconds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Way to go Pidypat You are amazing many congrats and many more anniversaries to come!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
(female)

patcher HB User

Congratulations Pitypat,

What a wonderful accomplishment. May you celebrate many more smoke-free anniversaries. Keep up the good work!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

I am proud of you! A big Congrats to you!!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Hey PidyPat!

I will be one year smoke-free next month (along with my sister and hubby). We all quit at the same time, and have never looked back. What a wonderful feeling it's been! I have so much freedom now - and so much time now. How in the world did I have the time to sit around and smoke???

Congrats to you all trying to quit, or having quit. It does get easier. I may not think like it right now but it does. I know at least 10 ppl here at work who have quit, and stayed quit for a year or more now. You have to really want it bad enough. Just stay busy, and remember that "Smoking is not an option!"

Hi Liamsmom! Long time no talk to! How is your quit going?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

I'm great, I celebrated 19 months last Saturday and I believe Patcher is tomorrow. Isn't it amazing we made it through the struggle and now cheering on these guys. WE all rock!!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
(female)

Skimmer HB User

That's great! 19months is awesome. Yes, I was feeling guilty about not coming back here. This message board was my savior during my quit. I literally lived on here, night and day, to keep me busy and not smoking.

Memaw, Traveller and Mango Junky were my heroes and we all got thru it together. It really does help to have others listen and respond to your problems/questions.

Congrats to you all, and keep up the great work!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Congrats!!!!!

I'm still non-smoking, it was 20 months for me on Sunday.

Skimmer, I'm the ex-Traveller! HI!!! (I'm still travelling, I changed my name on here.)

Old 01-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
(female)

Skimmer HB User

Well hey there ex-Traveller, fellow Florida girl, right? 20 months! That's awesome. Can you believe it's been that long? And you know what? I've been going to the gym every day and loving it! I used to race home from work so I could have that cig (I didn't smoke at work), man, what a relief that is not to have to do that!

Good talking to you - I still want to have a reunion one of these days....how cool would that be!!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi pidypat, you've done a wonderful job to be smoke free for a yr! in the past yr. i can't remember how many times i've quit, sometimes for only a few days...but i keep trying and tell myself that 1 quit will come along and that will be the one to stay quit!
hubby smokes so i've blamed him from having cigs i can get at! just about every time i go back to it, it is stress related.
i am physically disabled, can't get any exercise, don't do alot every day, and don't get out much. sooooo....i guess i use cigs to cover up and help with all the negative things in my life. i am a diabetic with copd so i really need to quit for my health, i know.
i really think i need the right boost here from someone to quit and stay quit! i am just about 58 (still hanging for a couple wks at 57), have smoked about 2 pks a day for 42 yrs now. that is sick! would you mind telling me about how you faced the demon and have done it for a yr? i would love to get any ideas, plus anyone else that chimes in will be great...i really do need all the help i can get. thankyou...........bevann

Old 01-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Bevan,
You are still trying. That is great. Don't give up, please. This time last year, my mom was in the hospital with pneumonia. She is COPD. She is a lot older, but after watching her suffer and I mean suffer, for 2 1/2 months for her life, that was a big event to help me stop smoking. For the past 2 or 3 yrs, I would say, I would like to stop smoking someday, but, not now. I told my best friend that I sure don't want to suffer like I saw my mom do. She has been suffering from COPD for years. She usually ends up in the hosptial at least 2 times a year for lung infections. She stopped smoking years and years ago, but her damage is very bad. She is on oxygen all the time now and can hardly walk across the room without her breathing being so labored. Please, keep trying.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
(female)

pidypat HB User

hi bevann keep make that step one hour ,to one day . i tell myself one cig is going to hurt. me .its a mine game that i use . the hard part. is getting the nico. out of your system. use. anything. carrots, the small one,and celery. keep a bag handy. also use hand weights. good luck. ps i have copd.

Closed Thread