It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

jeffrey1976 HB User
chantix side effects

my husband has been taking the chantix for a couple of weeks, and experiences his body jolting every few minutes. involuntary movements, while he is sleeping. is that something to do with the withdrawls?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

maac21 HB User
Re: chantix side effects

Call his doc.ASAP!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey1976 View Post
my husband has been taking the chantix for a couple of weeks, and experiences his body jolting every few minutes. involuntary movements, while he is sleeping. is that something to do with the withdrawls?
The FDA is starting to relook at all the side effects of Chantix. Call a doctor.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
(female)

maac21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
The FDA is starting to relook at all the side effects of Chantix. Call a doctor.
Hi what do you know for sure? I went for an apointment to see my doc.and sat in the office for over an hour,so I got up and told the staff I wasnt going to sit here for over an hour!!They knew i was having nose bleeds & other side effects and asked if i would like another apointment in three months I said no and walked out! Also I shouldve known the first couple of visits had me waiting for two hours!Let me know!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL Hang in there!!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maac21 View Post
Hi what do you know for sure? I went for an apointment to see my doc.and sat in the office for over an hour,so I got up and told the staff I wasnt going to sit here for over an hour!!They knew i was having nose bleeds & other side effects and asked if i would like another apointment in three months I said no and walked out! Also I shouldve known the first couple of visits had me waiting for two hours!Let me know!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL Hang in there!!
I heard on TV a few months ago that the number of side effects some very serious is being looked at by the FDA.
I also have seen on TV a commercial by a lawyer who says if you have a loved one ill or dead and they were taking Chantix please call this ####.
I have no idea if this drug is dangerious or not but when I was offered it when it first came out I said no after reading the side effects.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #6
(female)

maac21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I heard on TV a few months ago that the number of side effects some very serious is being looked at by the FDA.
I also have seen on TV a commercial by a lawyer who says if you have a loved one ill or dead and they were taking Chantix please call this ####.
I have no idea if this drug is dangerious or not but when I was offered it when it first came out I said no after reading the side effects.
Thank you Ill see what the doc. says when i decide to go back! Everyone stay safe!!!THANKS AGAIN!!!

Closed Thread