It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Losing My Mind

I am now smoke free for 22 days. Everything is subsiding (the urges), but I feel spacy now or wacky or something. I feel like my body is going to fast for my mind or visa versa. I really can't explain the feeling that I am having. I'm also going through menopause and don't now if stopping smoking (also trying to diet) is making my meno symptoms coming on full force. I just don't want to lose my mind. My energy level is back and now I want my mind back. HELPPPPPP

Also does anyone now of any chat rooms for depression, smoking , etc? Sometimes you just need the help and support right now instead of waiting for a response

Last edited by charpo; 01-22-2008 at 03:45 AM.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: Losing My Mind

Hi I haven't reached menopause yet and I know what you mean about the spacey part I was definitely spacy when I first quit. Everything went back to normal around the three month mark. I'm almost at 20 months now. It's worth it stick with it everything you're experiencing is normal.

Kepp up the great work!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

charpo HB User

You don't know how much I appreciate you getting back with a response. I don't want to lose my mind and I NEVER want to go back to smoking. Energy wise, physically, I'm great, its just the mental part now.

Thank you again for responding

Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

No Problem, you'll find some really nice supportive folks around here. You sound like you are better off than me when I first quit I basically felt like I was run over by a truck that decided to backup several times.

I quit because my son's allergist diagnosed him with asthma I never smoked around him however the doc said there's such a thing as third hand smoke that could irritate his lungs and cause an attack you should've seen the lengths I was going through in order to keep smoking but not have it affect the kid. In May & June it is hot in NYC and I was standing outside with a winter cap and sweater that I would take off when I went inside so I wouldn't smell like cigs I washed my hands so many times a day that they were cracked and bleeding I did that for 3 weeks and then just quit in the long run it was easier that all that other stuff. So here I am almost 20 months later and you know what the kicker is in all of this I had my son reevaluated by a pulmonologist to see if he actaully has Asthma and guess what he doesn't I'm as grateful as grateful can be about that however, I did toy with the idea of having a smoke but I knew from history all it takes is just one smoke for me at I'd be right back where I started from.

Rest asuured that it'll get easier soon you'll notice that you don't count the days since you last smoked anymore, soon you'll stop and think holy moly it's been three months, 6 months etc That's when you know you did it. If your already at more than 22 days your almost half way there already.

Outstanding job and keep up the great work and know your are accomplishing one of the hardest things on earth to do, kicking an addiction so feel free to break your arm patting yourself on the back you deserve it.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
(female)

Reyne HB User

Charpo-
I completely understand everything your going thru..except the menopause. I am going thru menopause right now so I understand that but I have been smoke free for almost 2 yrs

Do not walk run to your Dr if you can. See if he/she can help you get something to help subside your insanity..do not blow you 22 day quit. I felt the same way, I had a full blown anxiety attack...never had one in my life. Just felt completely lost!! My Dr helped me with aid of some meds and was just helpful in everystep.

Hang in there, take it day by day. And no matter what....the cig is not going to take the pain, anxiety or you mind away and make it better!!! What your feeling is normal, with a topper of hormones out of whack.

Knowing what I went thru just like you to quit..keeps me away from the smokes. Remember this feeling, it will go away and keep you away from smoking.

Congrate's on the quit, you will not regret it!!!

Closed Thread