It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
(female)

dsm123 HB User
Excruitiating Chest Paint

I Started Chantix on November 4th and have had a pain just below my sternum that feels like my heart or something is being squeezed. The pain is terrible and is getting worse. I had an upper GI and they found nothing but put me on Prilosec. I have had both knees flair up with pain and swelling plus my Siatica in my hip is unbearable. My heart rate has been between 80 and 100 at rest and I am terribly out of breath when I do anything even just taking off a shirt. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms.

Last edited by dsm123; 01-29-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
(female)

akazie HB User
Re: Excruitiating Chest Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm123 View Post
I Started Chantix on November 4th and have had a pain just below my sternum that feels like my heart or something is being squeezed. The paint is terrible and is getting worse.
I have had this pain twice but lucky for me goes away. I don't know if it is because I am taking Champix but I have never experienced pain like this before taking it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi dsm...i'm not a dr. by no means, but it sounds to me that what you are experiencing is all arthritis related. i'm only saying this because i have arthritis and fibromyalgia really bad. i've already had 2 knees and 1 hip replaced.
i had been on chantix for 2 mos. last summer...the side effects i got were nausea, constipation, and vivid dreams.
your best bet would be to see a rheumatologist for your pain symptoms.
best of luck in your quest to quit smoking, and i hope you can get your pain under control...........bevann

Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
(female)

flowergrl468 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm123 View Post
I Started Chantix on November 4th and have had a pain just below my sternum that feels like my heart or something is being squeezed. The pain is terrible and is getting worse. I had an upper GI and they found nothing but put me on Prilosec. I have had both knees flair up with pain and swelling plus my Siatica in my hip is unbearable. My heart rate has been between 80 and 100 at rest and I am terribly out of breath when I do anything even just taking off a shirt. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms.
Just wondering, did you chest pain go way? I am also having the same problem I thought I was having a heart attact. I have stopped taking the chantix since the pain started because it was so intence. Two weeks later still having chest pains but not as bad. I want to start taking the medication so I can quit smoking, it was starting to work, but now I am back to smoking the same that I was befor. Please let me know what you have found out.

Closed Thread