It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
quitting again!

i had my last cig at about 6am today. i am using the lozenges to help with my quit, also keeping a plastic coffee stirrer near by for the hand to mouth thing. my main problem is going to be my hubby, he still smokes, and has not talked about quitting anytime soon! i need to convince myself that i can't get hold of a cig.
i have been posting off and on this board for over a yr now. the longest i went was 3 wks...had real bad stress in the family, and grabbed one of hubbie's to have on the way to the store to buy my brand.
i'm sure all of you that have succeded in quitting are probably sick of hearing from me! i still really need your help and support!
thanks for listening, and good luck to all the new people on here that are on their way to a smoke free life........bevann

Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
(female)

holly10 HB User
Re: quitting again!

Stay strong! I sent you a note on the Hello thread
Beau

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thankyou beau, i did read the other post. this is start of day 2 and still doing good! all i need to do with hubby is not go in his den, it's at the other end of the house! i also think i know why he has'nt mentioned quitting this time. over the yrs, every time we quit together, i started up again. so, for the last few yrs. he does not believe i will stick with it. maybe if he's waiting to see how i do this time, he will quit too, after he thinks i've gone w/out long enough to stay quit! when we are sitting outside together, i just make myself not dwell on him smoking(i read a book, or something).
i really need to quit for good this time, as i already have had copd for 12 yrs, and also diabetic. smoking is real bad with both those dx's!
i am going to hang tough as you have done!.....bevann

Old 01-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
(female)

holly10 HB User
Cool Re: quitting again!

Good for you! It sounds like you are really determined as I was. It really is hard, isn't it?? We just have to keep vigilant and often remind ourselves what this is all about-and our bodies love us for it. Your husband will follow once he sees you be successful I am sure! Have a great weekend and KTQ!
Beau

Old 01-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Keep trying Bevann. You will get there. Take deep breaths, stay busy, change your routines. Can you smell how awful your hubby smells when he smokes? Yuck!
Keep coming here for support, you can do it!!

nomoresmokin'
18 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes, 27 seconds

Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

well everyone, i broke down again. i have been in a major pain flare-up.....even had a fall with my walker. so you all just know the cigs help stuff like that! i've been rewarding myself with a cig, just to get out of bed for awhile(i never smoked in bed). my willpower is none right now, and believe me i am beating myself up over it! funny thing was, i was'nt even having a bad crave for one!
you all are doing great, keep up the good work, and i'll be joining you all again.........bevann

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

texas1107 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
i had my last cig at about 6am today. i am using the lozenges to help with my quit, also keeping a plastic coffee stirrer near by for the hand to mouth thing. my main problem is going to be my hubby, he still smokes, and has not talked about quitting anytime soon! i need to convince myself that i can't get hold of a cig.
i have been posting off and on this board for over a yr now. the longest i went was 3 wks...had real bad stress in the family, and grabbed one of hubbie's to have on the way to the store to buy my brand.
i'm sure all of you that have succeded in quitting are probably sick of hearing from me! i still really need your help and support!
thanks for listening, and good luck to all the new people on here that are on their way to a smoke free life........bevann
Me too. I am really struggling this time. I thought I was doing good yesterday, first day, but, today, I REALLY want the few drags. I've been on here a few times and stopped when I smoked again.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User

Texas are you still hanging in there? It's going to be tough but you can do it. Fix yourself a glass of juice and sip on it to keep you blood sugar stable. A lot of the first side effects are actually cause from the low blood sugar. That's one of the reasons we crave extra food and sweets while quiting. Fight thru it one minute at a time, it will be getting easier in just a few more days.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

texas1107 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red60 View Post
Texas are you still hanging in there? It's going to be tough but you can do it. Fix yourself a glass of juice and sip on it to keep you blood sugar stable. A lot of the first side effects are actually cause from the low blood sugar. That's one of the reasons we crave extra food and sweets while quiting. Fight thru it one minute at a time, it will be getting easier in just a few more days.
Yeap, still hanging on counter reads 2 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 50 seconds.
I have the hardest time before 3pm. Not sure why though. I know in the car, it is habit, cause, I used to not smoke in the car at all. I WILL beat this!!

I bought orange Tic Tacs this morning. I used to love them as a kid. They are only 60 calories per container too.

Last edited by texas1107; 02-02-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Closed Thread