It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

Loni80 HB User

Hi everyone! I have been smoke free for one week (cold turkey)! This is my third time trying to quit. However, I feel different this time. It's like I know that I just cannot do it anymore. My husband and I want to have a baby, and I know that smoking can have a huge impact on fertility. Plus, I can't smoke if I'm pregnant anyways. For me, the cravings weren't as bad the first couple of days as they are now. I just have to keep reminding myself that smoking will not solve problems or reduce stress. I think I just miss having that excuse to take a break.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User
Re: Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loni80 View Post
Hi everyone! I have been smoke free for one week (cold turkey)! This is my third time trying to quit. However, I feel different this time. It's like I know that I just cannot do it anymore. My husband and I want to have a baby, and I know that smoking can have a huge impact on fertility. Plus, I can't smoke if I'm pregnant anyways. For me, the cravings weren't as bad the first couple of days as they are now. I just have to keep reminding myself that smoking will not solve problems or reduce stress. I think I just miss having that excuse to take a break.
Welcome Loni!
Congratulations on your quit!! One week, you should be over the first hump. They say the nicotene leaves your body in about 72 hours. Hang in there and read all you can about smoking and babies. That should help you. My daughter had her first child in August and they asked me to put on a shirt after smoking so the baby wouldn't inhale smoke off of my clothes. I gladly did that, but it was one of my inspirations to quit for good.

nomoresmokin'
19 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 14 minutes, 23 seconds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread