It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User
Is it over yet?

Tomorrow Wednesday January 30, 2008 @ 9am est it will be one week since I quit. That is amazing to me. I started taking chantix for about 2 weeks, but I noticed last Thursday that they were making me vomit. Literally 30 minutes or so after I took it, I vomited. So I am going to try to take 1/2 if the blue pills and see if that helps. For me, chantix wiped out the withdrawl symptoms almost completely, so all I have to work on is just the habit of doing it.

I have never been quit for this long since I was 14 years old. I have 2 children and smoked when I was preg with them. (I know, slap me) But I only quit for 3 days when I was pregnant. So this being a whole week is just rejuvenating to the spirit.

I feel if I can quit for a month, I'll be good for life. Is that accurate to say?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

Reyne HB User
Re: Is it over yet?

the south-
Good for you on quitting! Cannot say if you quit for a month you can quit forever!!!

Just take it day by day. Just for today do not smoke, just for this hour do not smoke. Add them all up you might be quit for life.

I have 1 1/2 yrs quit...yeah. If you need help, ask your Dr, whoever just keep quit.

My hubby used chantix and loved it. Talk to your Doc about the side effects your having.

Congrate's and hand in there...it get soooo much better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

The withdrawls are starting to come back since I'm not taking it like I was, but they made me too sick. I just want one cigarette! Bad! Please oh please I want just one. I'm not going to smoke one tho' ... This tells me it takes longer than just a week.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

thesouth,
Congratulations on your quit!! Keep it going!! Remember to eat a good meal before taking your Chantix. A few bites normally won't work. You need to eat and have something on your stomach and drink lots of water. Call your dr for any problems. Good luck.

nomoresmokin'
19 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 14 minutes, 23 seconds

Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresmokin' View Post
thesouth,
Congratulations on your quit!! Keep it going!! Remember to eat a good meal before taking your Chantix. A few bites normally won't work. You need to eat and have something on your stomach and drink lots of water. Call your dr for any problems. Good luck.

nomoresmokin'
19 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 14 minutes, 23 seconds

Oh yes I did eat. I took the medicine about 10-20 minutes after I ate a meal. Not just a snack, but a nice dinner meal, or breakfast. I would just throw up what I ate and felt horrible. I didnt start these side effects until I was on the stuff for about 2 weeks

Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesouth1980 View Post
Oh yes I did eat. I took the medicine about 10-20 minutes after I ate a meal. Not just a snack, but a nice dinner meal, or breakfast. I would just throw up what I ate and felt horrible. I didnt start these side effects until I was on the stuff for about 2 weeks
Yes, sometimes even food doesn't help. My friend threw up a lot when taking Chantix and when she wasn't throwing up, she was on the couch feeling awful. I thought she would stop taking the Chantix but she called the dr and he gave her some medicine to help with the queasy stomach and cut her dosage back a little. She made it and is now smoke free after about 40 years or so. Maybe your dr. can help you.

Last edited by nomoresmokin'; 01-29-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

Its been officially a week! Although before I went to work, I desperately wanted to buy a pack for just one, but gained self control and didn't. But I still want one. If I smoke one, will that mess everything up and I'll have to start all over? I do want to quit for good and for life, but its just oh so hard.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesouth1980 View Post
Its been officially a week! Although before I went to work, I desperately wanted to buy a pack for just one, but gained self control and didn't. But I still want one. If I smoke one, will that mess everything up and I'll have to start all over? I do want to quit for good and for life, but its just oh so hard.
Have you gone a whole day without a cigarette yet? If you have, try not to smoke anymore at all. Take deep breaths, do something fun, drink lots of water. On my 8th day, I could go either way. I could have smoked one or not, it didn't really matter too much. I kinda wanted one and kinda didn't. So I opted for not having one, and well, the rest is history.
You can do it!!!!

I went back and read your post. It has been a week or little more smoke free for you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep busy, change your habits, tell that nicodemon to get out of your life forever!!!!!!

Last edited by nomoresmokin'; 01-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Closed Thread