It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

CAK70 HB User
Chantix success?

I wanted to know if anyone here has had or knows anyone who has succeeded with Chantix (after 12 weeks has remain quit)?

I am trying Chantix for my second time. The first time I quit (9/11/06) for 7 weeks and gave into my first real craving and instead of sucking it up and moving on I stopped the Chantix and started smoking again.

As of right now I am 8 days quit and feel great

I have not heard any success stories as far as staying quit after finishing the Chantix and I was just curious if anyone here has a story?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User
Re: Chantix success?

I am 19 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 14 minutes, 23 seconds quit! I think that is a success story! I do believe there are several quitters on the boards here. A lot of them have been quit longer than me!!
I do not plan on ever smoking again!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

CAK70 HB User

That's great!!! Congratulations on your success.

How do you feel now that you are off of the Chantix?
Are you feeling the cravings more?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

I feel good. The cravings are few and far inbetween. Usually I get them now only when really stressed. They only last a minute or so. I think of something else and before I know it, they're gone. About 3 weeks ago, it hit me that I finally didn't even think of smoking much anymore. I feel that part of me that use to smoke is getting to be a distant thing of the past.
Sounds like you are doing good. Keep it up!!!

nomoresmokin'
19 weeks, 2 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes, 16 seconds

Old 01-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

karbear1 HB User

nomoresmokin
Did you have any side effects after you stopped taking Chantix,???

Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbear1 View Post
nomoresmokin
Did you have any side effects after you stopped taking Chantix,???
Not really. I do still have some stomach problems, but right before I started taking the Chantix, I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Disease and acid reflux. I am dealing with those issues (not Chantix related), but the bloating and gas from using the Chantix is still with me.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
(female)

karbear1 HB User

That is good. I would take bloating and gas right about now. LOL

Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
(female)

karbear1 HB User

Oh I did not mean it was good about your IBS and acid reflux. That part sucks. My friend has IBS , not good.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbear1 View Post
Oh I did not mean it was good about your IBS and acid reflux. That part sucks. My friend has IBS , not good.
LOL I didn't take it the wrong way karbear! Yeah, it does suck. I was really afraid to go on the Chantix when I heard and read about the stomach issues and here I just got diagnosed with IBS. It was rough and I could only take one blue pill a day after the first month, but I made it!
How are you doing on your quit? Hang in there. I am so happy I quit and I hope we all put the tobacco companies out of business!!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
(female)

karbear1 HB User

Today is my 23rd day. 1 week of just taking 1 pill in the morning. Last night was better with the anxiety. I think I would have fallen asleep but the wind gust we were having , we had blizzard conditions , I live outside of Chicago, kept jerking me awake . I will try again tonight. I just want to fall asleep on my own. I just want to feel tired and have hunger pains. The anxiety is why I am afraid to quit taking Chantix.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #11
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

How are you doing Karbear? You should be getting real close to one month smoke free by now. Let us know.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
(female)

Gemi_Lee HB User

Hi there
I quit with Chantix!!!

It's been 1 year, 30 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 45 seconds (395 days). Since my last puff!!
I'm still kickin' butt........

You can do it!!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #13
(female)

karbear1 HB User

27 days today. !! Went to 1 pill last week. The last 2 nights I was able to fall asleep on my own. I still get pretty wired on 1 and do some stupid stuff on it. I will be going to FL next Saturday to my sisters. She is smoke free for like 20 years, so I should be good. I truly like not smelling like smoke. I went to m-i-l's yesterday and she smokes my brand. She lit 1 up, that smoke still smells good, I had to walk out of the room!!!!!. It is the weekend and I find that harder with the urges than when I am at work. I just breathe deeply . So far so good.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #14
(female)

audreymendoza HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAK70 View Post
I wanted to know if anyone here has had or knows anyone who has succeeded with Chantix (after 12 weeks has remain quit)?

I am trying Chantix for my second time. The first time I quit (9/11/06) for 7 weeks and gave into my first real craving and instead of sucking it up and moving on I stopped the Chantix and started smoking again.

As of right now I am 8 days quit and feel great

I have not heard any success stories as far as staying quit after finishing the Chantix and I was just curious if anyone here has a story?
I have been smoke free since October 11th. I had all the side affects they say you could get. In time they subsided. To tell you the truth I looked forward to the dreams,lol.
Getting to my point, the worse for me is when I stopped taking the chantix. I couldn't understand why I was so sad. Depression got me and I was crying over anything and everything.I felt alone and felt like I didn't want to go on.
I just saw my doctor the other day and I hope things will get better.
I am just glad I was able to help myself.
I have not had a cigarette since I quit. I cannot stand the smell of smoke. I am so thankful to Chantix that I was able to use there medicine and quit. I was a 3 pack a day smoker for 36 years. I smoked through my 6 pregnancies and never went one day without smoking. Would I use Chantix again? yes.
I would prefer to take the chances of the side effects than to spend another day smoking. Good luck to all and be carefull with the effects of when you stop taking Chantix.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #15
(female)

twolitlboyz HB User

Good morning everyone!

Well later today I plan on going and picking up my first perscription of Chantix. I have looked around on these boards for a little bit this morning and I now have a mixture of feelings lol. I have smoked about a pack a day for about 20 years now. I have seen success stories and horror stories on here and now dont know what to think. I have tried the patches which oddly enough I must have been allergic to or something as my arm swelled up and turned all red when i tried it, i cant handle the taste of the gums that are out and have had a few friends who had wonderful results with the chantix. I have read on here about the anxiety related issues with this and have had a panic dissorder for years now so panic attacks are something i have learned to live with so not worried about that. Did anyone else get the odd feeling like they are getting ready to say good bye to an old friend? Yes I want to quit and I know i need to but to be totally honest I am scared to death to quit. How strange is that.....
Anyway thanks for listening and i will try and update on how things are going as i prgress, I know i will need support thru this adn I think you guys will get to be it if your willing.
have a great day everyone........................:confuse d:

Closed Thread