It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
I feel great

Hi everyone
I got the flu last Wednesday. I smoked my last ciggerette on friday. I am still getting over the flu and the withdrawls but boy do I feel great. NOT ONE PUFF EVER. I am so finished with smoking. And this is cold turkey. I have tried at least 15 times before to quit but never has it been like this. Now I am ready. I just keep telling myself, it's now or never. If I take even one more puff I am a smoker for the rest of my life. I will never have that puff again. Every time I feel even the slightest urge to smoke I think about a few things I take the time to think about what I will say and anwser the following questions with a paper and pen.

1. If I was to take that puff would it really make the problem go away?
2. If I took that puff would I quit again?
3. If I took that puff would I want to go through the withdrawls all over again
now that they are better?
4. If I took that puff how long before would I quit smoking again?
5. If I took that puff would it be worth throwing all that I accomplished away?
6. How would that one puff feel? Would it really be as good as you want it to
be?

I know how it would feel. A couple of seconds of smoke entering my throat travelling into my lungs (cough, cough, gag, gag) going into my brain and telling me that I need to have more. I don't want to be a slave to the nocotine demond anymore.

I am a non-smoker now. NOT ONE PUFF EVER. (NOPE)
I hope this might be able to help someone else. Good Luck everyone Sherri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
(female)

tigerlilyx61 HB User
Re: I feel great

YAH! Good for you. Don't ever go back.

Last edited by tigerlilyx61; 02-06-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User

I like your attitude !!!!!!!!!!!

I never want to relive the withdrawl again so its NOPE for me.

We can't cheat the Law of Addiction.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

texas1107 HB User

Good for you!!
I have had a really bad day today. Really wanted that cigarette. Went to get lunch and almost stopped at the store!! I didn't though, thank goodness.
You have got a great attitude and you need to keep it!! Congratulations on your quit. I like having my quit counter. It tells you how long, how many you didn't smoke, how much you saved and how much time you have added back to your life. Of course the latter is only for reference.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User

Texas- good for you not being drawn back into the evil ways of smoking. Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys. I have never felt this good. It's been 5 days of not smoking and life is great. The withdrawls, I just have to push threw them. My daugther starts singing Not One Puff Ever behind me as soon as I say it. But I find it helps. I know that I am doing the best thing for me and my entire family. You have to be ready to quit. That is why I've failed before. I always made excuses. But not anymoe. I am a non-smoker now.

Keep up the great work everyone. Sherri.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Stretched2Far HB User

Sherri, that's awesome. You really do have to look into the future and the reprocussions (sp??) smoking a cigarette will bring about. Two useful things I love to think about is the scenario of a rollercoaster. Picture smoking as a lovely day at an amusement park, where you just stuffed you face full of cheddar cheese frenchfries and lemonade. You could go on that rollercoaster. And let's face it...it'd be fun while it lasted. But as soon as you get off...guess what? You're puking your guts out everywhere. View smoking in this scenario and you'll know that the 3 seconds of bliss you get from a smoke doesn't equal out to the days and days of horseshit you have to deal with afterward. My apologies for the slopping typing. I'm on day 5 and my mind is in a fog. I also picture smoking as a circle that just goes around and around and around until you break out of it. And as soon as you take another puff, your back in the circle again. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

And remember, dont become a just because you decided you'd rather be a slave to a weed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

Last edited by Stretched2Far; 02-07-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:59 AM   #7
(female)

Elidicious HB User

by the way.
my dad has been a regular smoker for like 45 years...and 8 years ago he quit smoking lol...
how?
well....it was after midnight. he wanted to smoke but there was no cigarette in his pocket.all the stores were closed.
the next day he didn't have time to buy cig. cuz he was late for work...
when he came back home he said...."it's been like 18 hours i haven't smoked...what if i test myself and let's see how much i'll remain without smoking.."
and that was it...lol....and i can't believe it he quit so immediately and i'm really proud of him.

so i'm happy for you tygerlilyx and for everyone else..who have overcomed the temptation.

Last edited by Elidicious; 02-12-2008 at 02:59 AM.

Closed Thread