I got the flu last Wednesday. I smoked my last ciggerette on friday. I am still getting over the flu and the withdrawls but boy do I feel great. NOT ONE PUFF EVER. I am so finished with smoking. And this is cold turkey. I have tried at least 15 times before to quit but never has it been like this. Now I am ready. I just keep telling myself, it's now or never. If I take even one more puff I am a smoker for the rest of my life. I will never have that puff again. Every time I feel even the slightest urge to smoke I think about a few things I take the time to think about what I will say and anwser the following questions with a paper and pen.
1. If I was to take that puff would it really make the problem go away?
2. If I took that puff would I quit again?
3. If I took that puff would I want to go through the withdrawls all over again
now that they are better?
4. If I took that puff how long before would I quit smoking again?
5. If I took that puff would it be worth throwing all that I accomplished away?
6. How would that one puff feel? Would it really be as good as you want it to
I know how it would feel. A couple of seconds of smoke entering my throat travelling into my lungs (cough, cough, gag, gag) going into my brain and telling me that I need to have more. I don't want to be a slave to the nocotine demond anymore.
I am a non-smoker now. NOT ONE PUFF EVER. (NOPE)
I hope this might be able to help someone else. Good Luck everyone Sherri