It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

anita41 HB User
who feels ashamed and annoyed

hi all if your like me and felt so good when you quit then felt so ashamed and annoyed when you start again. i stopped for 6 months was doing ok my fella still smoked which was not easy for me we when on holiday and as he sat in the sun lounger with a beer a a cigarette i felt so temped he looked so relaxed and i was pulling my hair out with the cravings so like a fool i started again i have started the patches again but cant help that i will fail again i do want to stop but its so hard any advice plz thanks anita

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: who feels ashamed and annoyed

hi i have been smoking today i feel the same way totaly discusted with myself my husband has also started again but he says not to upset myself just start again tomorrow and thats what i am going to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User

Would you be down on yourself if you had cancer that was in remission and then came back. Of course not. But addiction is a disease, the six months you were smoke free the disease was controlled or in remission. Then because of a lack of knowledge not willpower you were tricked into believing that you could have just a few good cigs while relaxing for the holiday. Is that right?

I think knowledge is more important than willpower in learning how to overcome this addiction. Support is another biggie. The support can come from others and also from ourselves. A lot of people ask how can we support ourselves? We do this by making other choices in our life that are also oriented toward the same goals as our non smoking goals. I don't know if that makes any sense so I give you an example of what I mean.

let's say I want to quit smoking to improve my health. Maybe six months before I even attempt to quit smoking I take up an interest in all aspects of my health. Based off of what I've learned I improve my diet, I begin exercising, I get my weight under control and I'm getting proper sleep. Now everything is lined up the only thing out of place is I'm a smoker. I think these other lifestyle changes will help this person quit smoking and possibly avoid some of the potential problems that can occur with smoking cessation.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
(female)

anita41 HB User

hi you do make sense in all the right ways i go walking my diet is fine im only 8 and a half stone but dont want to put any weight on through not smoking which before i did eat more so will have to think of another hobby to take my mind off did karate but at the time was so unfit might try that again i do cycle in the summer a lot my health may feel fine now but in years to come it may suffer if i keep smoking thanks for the advice really helped but keep me posted anita

Closed Thread