It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
(female)

Elidicious HB User
Unhappy Is it the Same?

i'm not a regular smoker.
i smoke socially.
i actually don't chew it or assimilate it in (i don't know if these are the right words to use..)which means..i emit the fumes and i don't draw in the cigarette smoke into my throat and lungs.

is it the same to someone who gets the smoke inside his lung?
does it really mean that i smoke?
is it unhealthy, anyway?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Stretched2Far HB User
Exclamation Re: Is it the Same?

This is a good thing. Keep it this way. You're getting very little nicotine, probably none at all. As long as you don't inhale, you cannot become addicted. I don't know how your friends are, but don't tell them you don't inhale. They'll (probably) want you to inhale, which gives you a little buzz, and this is how everyone gets addicted. They love the buzz. But after a short period of time, this buzz is no longer existant, and you're just smoking and killing yourself to stay normal. Trust me, don't get hooked or you'll be fighting one of the longest and hardest battles of your life!! God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: Is it the Same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elidicious View Post
i'm not a regular smoker.
i smoke socially.
i actually don't chew it or assimilate it in (i don't know if these are the right words to use..)which means..i emit the fumes and i don't draw in the cigarette smoke into my throat and lungs.

is it the same to someone who gets the smoke inside his lung?
does it really mean that i smoke?
is it unhealthy, anyway?
I think you a playing a very dangerous game. No it's not as bad as those who smoke and inhale. Yes it's still bad for you. At the least you are getting your own second hand smoke which is known to cause problems. Your tissues in your mouth are also being exposed and a little nicotine is being absorbed. But the bigger risk is what likely lies ahead for you. I can not think of anyone who liked smoking in the begining. People usually take there first smoke and say never again or they continue untill they are comfortable smoking and addicted to nicotine. I'm sure there are a few rare exeptions but if I were in your shoes I would quit while I was ahead. I'm guessing you are young and that is why it's socially acceptable to smoke. You will probably find that situation reversing itself in a few more years. Many people are now closet smokers and wanting to quit because it's no longer socially accepted.

Good Luck I hope you decide it's not for you..........Red

Old 02-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
(female)

Elidicious HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretched2Far View Post
This is a good thing. Keep it this way. You're getting very little nicotine, probably none at all. As long as you don't inhale, you cannot become addicted. I don't know how your friends are, but don't tell them you don't inhale. They'll (probably) want you to inhale, which gives you a little buzz, and this is how everyone gets addicted. They love the buzz. But after a short period of time, this buzz is no longer existant, and you're just smoking and killing yourself to stay normal. Trust me, don't get hooked or you'll be fighting one of the longest and hardest battles of your life!! God bless
yeah i guess you're right.
thank you.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
(female)

Elidicious HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red60 View Post
I think you a playing a very dangerous game. No it's not as bad as those who smoke and inhale. Yes it's still bad for you. At the least you are getting your own second hand smoke which is known to cause problems. Your tissues in your mouth are also being exposed and a little nicotine is being absorbed. But the bigger risk is what likely lies ahead for you. I can not think of anyone who liked smoking in the begining. People usually take there first smoke and say never again or they continue untill they are comfortable smoking and addicted to nicotine. I'm sure there are a few rare exeptions but if I were in your shoes I would quit while I was ahead. I'm guessing you are young and that is why it's socially acceptable to smoke. You will probably find that situation reversing itself in a few more years. Many people are now closet smokers and wanting to quit because it's no longer socially accepted.

Good Luck I hope you decide it's not for you..........Red
yeah i'm young. i'm 20 and when i turned 20 (last november) i tried smoking for the first time in my life. lol....
but yeah...i should quit it before it's too late.

and something else. in the albanian bars and restaurants...people smoke a lot..and the air is overwhelmed with fumes.
and one of my friends says :"though we are not regular smoker, we take all this polluted air inside our lungs so why not smoke? it's the same, nevertheless."

is it true?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Stretched2Far HB User

Although a lot of people don't believe it, fumes from other people's smoke and air pollution alike do negatively impact your lungs. You cannot help the air pollution situation, and if you like going to the bar, you can't help that either. Now, if you were to inhale a cigarette's smoke, imagine this second hand smoke and air pollution x100.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
(female)

Elidicious HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretched2Far View Post
Although a lot of people don't believe it, fumes from other people's smoke and air pollution alike do negatively impact your lungs. You cannot help the air pollution situation, and if you like going to the bar, you can't help that either. Now, if you were to inhale a cigarette's smoke, imagine this second hand smoke and air pollution x100.
well..yeah..you're right.

Closed Thread