It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
(male)

Prtam HB User
Ooops!

Well, after 23 or so days of not smoking, I had to have a weak moment, last night. On my way home from a late evening, I ended up stopping at a gas station and buying a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I was kinda shaky, and really looking forward to that first drag; just like an addict.

It was a real let down.

Somehow, I got absolutely no pleasure from the cigarette. No rush, no euphoria--nothing. Just bad odor and bad taste. I ended up throwing the half smoked cigarette out the window. Funny thing is, I had quit cold turkey. No medications, no patches or replacements; but somehow, I really have become a non smoker. Now I have this pack of cigarettes in my car that I don't even want. What a waste of money.

This really taught me that I have no desire to smoke, anymore. I hope everyone has a quit that feels the same as this.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Stretched2Far HB User
Re: Ooops!

Throw the pack away. You don't need them and some else certainly doesn't either. Very smart move of you not to start up again. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

BiggerMac HB User
Smile Re: Ooops!

I went cold-turkey too. That was more ten years ago.

Yesterday I poured myself a cup of coffee and picked up the morning paper ... and found myself reaching for my shirt pocket where for thirty years and more there was always a pack of cigarettes and a lighter! It happens now and then.

I kept my cigarettes and lighter with me when I quit. I only tossed the cigarettes when I had been carrying them around for a month and realized that they would not be smokable anymore. But having them handy in the first few weeks seemed to make life easier.

My technique was not to quit, actually; I just deferred my next smoke.... from first-thing in the morning to my morning drive, to my first cup of coffee at the office, to coffee break that day, to lunchtime ...... and just kept on deferring. In a sense, I'm deferring still. But I claim to be a non-smoker anyway and my doc says my health risks are back to normal by now.

Closed Thread