It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
(male)

myorangefriend HB User
Smoking in Moderation

I smoke a cigar or cloved ciggarettes about once a month. I inhale the ciggarettes and just puff the cigars. Once a month i will have either 1 cigar, or maybe 3 cloved cigs in 1 sitting. My question to you is, is this bad for my health? Am i more likely to get cancer then if i didn't smoke at all?

Make sure you know what your talking about before you post. I know half of you are going to say that i will get cancer so don't do it. Really? from 1 cigar a month? I find that very hard to believe. I think the affects of smoking go away with a certain period of time, so one a month will not "build" up into a problem. I honestly need a doctors opinion on this but maybe some help from the public will be good as well.

Please don't post saying that i will get addicted! i know these facts already as iv'e done alot of research on the topic. Don't post saying the kinds of cancer i can get, i know that already. I simply want to know -

IS 1 CIGAR A MONTH BAD FOR MY HEALTH~~

Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: Smoking in MOderation

It sounds like you only want to hear one answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
(male)

myorangefriend HB User

That is one answer that im very sick of hearing honestly. I want to know actualy statistics whether or not its bad or not for you to have a cigar a month. If a doctor comes on and says that it's bad for this and this reasons, i will be very happy with that answer.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
(male)

Prtam HB User

It's difficult to determine what the risks are with such moderation. I'm not a doctor, and this is just my opinion. I did hear of a study, once, that even 'weekend' smokers put themselves at considerable risk. I would think you are less of a 'weekend' smoker and more of an 'occasional' smoker; you risk is probably (but don't quote me) the same as a person around second hand smoke. I think even a doctor would agree that the risks are hard to determine with such behavior, but with the evidence of what smoking does to daily smokers he/she would probably still advice against it.

Anyway, good luck.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

velveeta HB User

Anything you put into your body can be bad for you, moderation or not. And cancer is not exclusive to smoking. That is a personal chance you want to take but when cancer strikes I am sure it will not be in moderation.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
(male)

myorangefriend HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prtam View Post
It's difficult to determine what the risks are with such moderation. I'm not a doctor, and this is just my opinion. I did hear of a study, once, that even 'weekend' smokers put themselves at considerable risk. I would think you are less of a 'weekend' smoker and more of an 'occasional' smoker; you risk is probably (but don't quote me) the same as a person around second hand smoke. I think even a doctor would agree that the risks are hard to determine with such behavior, but with the evidence of what smoking does to daily smokers he/she would probably still advice against it.

Anyway, good luck.
Very good advice, thank you. Yes I believe that every doctor would advise against it due to the unknown. I really wish I could find the exact answer im looking for such as ,"1 cigar a month does this to you, or 2 does that to you.... so on and so forth" but i realize that answer may not exist. I will keep searching though. If anyone has some more feedback id be glad to hear it

Old 02-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
(female)

petlover1003 HB User
Re: Smoking in Moderation

Why don't you ask your Doctor..... I suspect that this could be the type of question that you ask 3 Doctors and may get 3 different opinions.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
(male)

myorangefriend HB User
Re: Smoking in Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover1003 View Post
Why don't you ask your Doctor..... I suspect that this could be the type of question that you ask 3 Doctors and may get 3 different opinions.
This is exactly what i was thinking. I think it's a decision i must make for myself based upon my own research. Honestly, smoking is not important enough to me to possibly sacrifice my health, but i do enjoy smoking a cigar with friends from time to time.

Closed Thread