It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
relapsed for 1 day!

after being quit for one wk., i relapsed yesterday, and smoked a pk of cigs.
my girlfriends husband died suddenly, so of course i had to smoke for a day(only kidding). instead of beating myself up about it, i am just not smoking today, one day at a time i guess. so, i guess today is my new quit day.

sharon....how are you doing?

i hope everyone is stronger than i am.......bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
(male)

Prtam HB User
Re: relapsed for 1 day!

Don't think of it as a weakness. I had the same thing happen. I was quit for 21 days then went and bought a pack of cigarettes. I smoked one a day for about a week them threw them away because I really wanted to stay quit. So I re-quit. No problem. It really is just one day at a time. If you 'accidentally' smoke one day, you quit again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

i only managed 3 days will try again tomorrow mabie we will manage next time keep in touch

Old 02-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
(female)

texachick HB User

It's okay to slip. Just keep going. Do you think that dieters are no longer dieters if they go out to eat and splurge one night? Just pick it back up the next day. You'll be okay!!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

makes sense its just that i feel i failed because i have tried about 10 times now i have this realy chesty cough from smoking all day yesterday sometimes i just feel like giving up on it as i have the dreaded smokers cough anyway

Old 03-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon...i am still using commit lozenges, but i have a weird not smoking plan since my quit date of 2/18. i went 3 days w/out a smoke...some days i smoke between 1-3 of hubby's cig...yet some days i have none. i can't say i had a bad crave for one, and don't even enjoy it. then why am i doing it i wonder?
i do hop on the lung cancer site sometimes and just read about the poor people with this disease. also a friend of mine that was about a 50 yr. smoker just got on oxygen. he still smokes, so goes off his oxygen to have that smoke! i know i could not handle carrying oxygen everywhere with me, nor could i handle cancer.
i had a chest xray that was fine, oxygen level is 95, and doc said my lungs sounded clear. that was all good news, and i don't want to push it! this was all this wk. i also am physically disabled, and don't need anymore lung problems, already have copd for about 13 yrs now.
i am doing this for my health, if they said cigs were good for me, that would be great news! i want to live as healthy as i can for me, and my family.
i have tried about 10 times also, so if we can keep trying, we will make it!
best of luck to everyone......bevann

Old 03-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

Keep it up. Today is my 19 month anniversary. The only time I smoke now is in my dreams. And then I remind myself I just have to stop again. You will succeed when you are ready. Godbless

Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

i think i am going to give up giving up i have tried so many times the longest was 9 weeks and i am always feeling realy down because i havent managed to stop i have been trying from away last may

Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User

how are you doing to-day sorry to hear about your friend, well I can,t realy give advice but I can give you my support and wish you all the best with your quit Ray

Old 03-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thankyou for everything you said ray. i hope you are doing well in your quit..i now have my new quit going on..i've not had even a drag since 3/9 (hard to do with hubby smoking) at 10am.
i have a different mindset this time when thinking i need one of hubby's. i have even not smoked thru stress again like i was doing.
soooo, at this point i'm feeling pretty good...hope you can get your mindset about them also...i do believe we just need to romance a butt, not marry it!!!!

have a good day.......bevann

Closed Thread