It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

charlotte02 HB User
Not Smoking and Acne

I have quit smoking for 6 weeks now and my face is breaking out horribly. Is this due to not smoking? Did anyone else experience this after quiting? I would rather smoke than put up with this.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: Not Smoking and Acne

Yes It Goes Away

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

It's the toxins leaving your body. I didn't get acne but even weirder the soles of my feet started peeling gross I know but you know what else I stopped having tremendous bags under my eyes and for 40 yrs old that's a gift. Don't start again you've made through the worst of it you wouldn't want to have to do it all over again.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

I don't know if this would really help you or not, but the foot detox pads like kinoki may help you pull out the toxins a little faster.
I have been using them.
Hope that helps.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 AM   #5
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmee View Post
I don't know if this would really help you or not, but the foot detox pads like kinoki may help you pull out the toxins a little faster.
I have been using them.
Hope that helps.
Wow! I've never even heard of that. Can you go into more detail?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Hi Gidget73,
They just pull the toxins out of your system and it may help with some of the discomforts of the toxins.
I hope that helped.
Good luck!!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 03-17-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Terrific, thanks, mmee!!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

You are very welcome! You can even get them analyzed by an independent lab by calling the company and asking them about it, so you can see what kind of toxins that you are pulling out.
I did, and I was shocked. I had arsenic, absetos, mercy, benzene, cadium, and more in mine, which was pretty scary.
I actually have discussed it with my doctor and she talked about doing chelation therapy which pulls heavy metals out of the body. I am having so many health issues, that is why I discussed it with her.
Good luck with them!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #9
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

That is scary and so unbelievable!! I've been taking an herbal daily detox, but I like the idea of analyzing the results of what is coming out! Please keep us posted if you have the heavy metal detox, I'd like to hear the results!!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
(female)

imjensmom HB User

I thought it was just me! I'm now on day 21 of my quit but last week my face started to break out. I'M 52 YEARS OLD! I couldn't believe it. Seems to have stopped now. I guess that poison has to get out one way or another. Just another one of the wonderful things Nicotine has given me, zits.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Hehehe!! Yet another thank-you to the tobacco industry for making us so attractive, right!! At least I'm laughing again...

Old 03-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
(female)

raymae HB User
Question Re: Not Smoking and Acne

hi there . i give up smoking eight an a half months ago now. yes i have spots too, i have been diagnosed with seboric dermatitis (sorry not sure of spelling) apparently it was connected to giving up the smokes, the dr said that smoking had kept it at bay. crazy but true! i now use nizaril cream twice daily and ketorine in my hair. im afraid there are many things that are brought on and out when you give up smoking and although they are very irritating i guess you have to weigh up the dangers of these longterm to the dangers of smoking and the illnesses that can cause longterm. i have often felt like going back on the smokes even though i no longer crave them just simply because i am angry at the spots, digestive problems, bowel problems and 2 stone weight gain that i now have but, then i realise that these problems will not automatically go by lighting up a ciggarette and ill just add the dangers of smoking to the list. i do feel that people should be informed and made more aware that giving up smoking is not without its own problems and then maybe we would be much more successful and ready for whatever may come our way . too many people are lead to believe that they are going to be 100% fit and healthy the second they stubb there last cig out.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
(female)

rhg2006 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjensmom View Post
I thought it was just me! I'm now on day 21 of my quit but last week my face started to break out. I'M 52 YEARS OLD! I couldn't believe it. Seems to have stopped now. I guess that poison has to get out one way or another. Just another one of the wonderful things Nicotine has given me, zits.
I am having the same acne problem since I am a non-smoker. I quit 4 months ago with the patch and about 2 months ago I started to look like a teenager. It's my face and upper back/shoulders.
I heard that it's going to go away but was wondering "when"??!! Does anyone know??

Old 06-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #14
(female)

CaydenJ HB User

My skin was pretty bad while smoking and right after I quit as well. A week after I quit my skin was breaking out and itchy but went away after about a month. I do agree that it may be the poison seeping out through the pores like how you can smell someone has been drinking alcohol no matter how hard they try to cover up the smell. My skin and lips has gotter back its natural glow and color whereas before I looked ashen so I'm happy about that.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
(female)

unci888 HB User
Talking Re: Not Smoking and Acne

I thought it was so weird that quitting smoking brought out a host of other issues. Cigarette smoking covers up so many things it is unbelievable. I too wonder if it would be easier to just start smoking again and cover up all this stuff, but no, I have been smoke free for 150 days and my counter says I have NOT smoked 2,248 cigarettes which adds up to 112.4 packs of smokes that I didnt have to buy. NOW IS THAT COOL OR WHAT. Hang in there, you will feel better and your body will heal when all that poison that the cigarettes were covering up leaves.

Closed Thread