It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Why

I Had Stopped Again 6 Days This Time But I Have Been So Depressed I Went And Bought A Packet Now Im Even More Depressed I Dont Understand Why I Do This I Feel I Have Failed Yet Again And Dont Think I Can Do It Again I Had Been Determined All Week And Then At The Weekend I Am Smoking Again I Could Kick My Own As

Old 03-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
(female)

twolitlboyz HB User
Re: Why

hang in there you can do this, are you trying c/t or with the aid of something, maybe if you talked to dr he could help with the depression aspect. I can say i have had a touch f it but not super bad yet, we are loseing something thats been a part of our lives for a long time, a big part of our lives, and we are trying to say good bye. I have found myself going thru a range of emotions thru this process everywhere from happiness: that I have made it as far as i have, fear: that maybe today will be the day i cave in, anger: that i ever started doing this in the first place that I have to put myself thru this, saddness: i am loseing one of my best friends, even boredome if thats actually an emotion.
But the one thing i have read over and over again on here is most everyone slips up and all you have to do is pull up your boot straps, figure out what happened and start over trying to avoid the trigger. I have faith in you that you can and will beat this, just keep in mind your bigger then that little peice of paper and leaves thats been tainted with way to much nasty stuff....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you for your reply i am on nicorette patches and the inhalater i dont think i would be able to go one day ct

Old 03-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

i meant to say i am on antidepresants

Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
(female)

jellybean3009 HB Userjellybean3009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARON1952 View Post
i meant to say i am on antidepresants
Sharon, have you tried Commit lozenges? That's the ONLY thing I have found that worked for me.

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi jelly...i have been trying to quit with commit also. my hubby smokes so today i have told myself that i'm better than that (knowing cigs are near, and grabbing one when i felt like it ).
because you quit with commit, could you tell me the history of your quit? i would love to have someone that is doing the same thing as i.....helping me, with any advice at all!

sharon...good luck i am still trying to send positive thoughts your way, i'm just not great at it!

good luck to everyone here, from a 43 yr smoker.........bevann

Old 03-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Please don't take this the wrong way and I believe all of you can do it but I don't think you all believe you can and until you get to the point that you want to do it more than anything else then you're just setting yourselves up to feel bad about your selves. If today isn't the day than tomorrow maybe as long as you still want to you can but if you still think of them as your comfort in any stressful situation instead of the thing that's keeping you from enjoying your life more than you won't succeed. I think that if you approach it as something you're being forced to do instead something you desire most you're starting off on the wrong foot to begin with. I just woke up one morning and said let's see how far I can go this time no pressure on myself to pick a date I just went with it. When it got tough I told myself I will not let it win this time , if I don't do it this time I may never do it, and just went through the inevitable tough part because there's no way around it or over it or under you have to go through it to come out on the other side crappy I know but there's no other way. Eventually ou have to take off the patch or stop the pill or put down the inhalor and know it's just you all you doing it. I don't begrudge anyone the use of NRT as long as it gets you where you need to be . Come on you all can do it I believe you can

Old 03-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
(female)

texachick HB User

I quit with Commit. I only used them for 4 days though, 10 lozenges. I only used them when I absolutely couldn't take it anymore.
If your not ready, your not going to quit. You have to be able to look at what it will be like without them, no coughing, no smelling like an ashtray and people stare at you when you walk in an office because of it. Things like that, INSTEAD OF, omg, no more cigarettes, what am I going to do?? That's crap. Your brain is doing that. Ignore it. If you REALLY want to quit, you WILL get through it. Just take one day at a time. Stop thinking about them, do something contstructive. Chew gum, this REALLY helped me!!
You can do it, you just have to be ready. Good luck to all of you. I am 1 month, 9 days quit, I have not smoked the 457 cigarettes that I would have and have saved $151.44.
I faith in all of you. If I can, you can. God Bless!

Last edited by texachick; 03-09-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #9
(female)

texachick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsmom View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way and I believe all of you can do it but I don't think you all believe you can and until you get to the point that you want to do it more than anything else then you're just setting yourselves up to feel bad about your selves. If today isn't the day than tomorrow maybe as long as you still want to you can but if you still think of them as your comfort in any stressful situation instead of the thing that's keeping you from enjoying your life more than you won't succeed. I think that if you approach it as something you're being forced to do instead something you desire most you're starting off on the wrong foot to begin with. I just woke up one morning and said let's see how far I can go this time no pressure on myself to pick a date I just went with it. When it got tough I told myself I will not let it win this time , if I don't do it this time I may never do it, and just went through the inevitable tough part because there's no way around it or over it or under you have to go through it to come out on the other side crappy I know but there's no other way. Eventually ou have to take off the patch or stop the pill or put down the inhalor and know it's just you all you doing it. I don't begrudge anyone the use of NRT as long as it gets you where you need to be . Come on you all can do it I believe you can
EXACTLY!! Noone wants to be forced to do anything.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi bevaan i gave been trying to stop since last year the longest time 9 weeks the best i have done sinse then is 2 weeks 1 week but in betweenthe breaks i only smoke 1 or 2 days at the end of last year i did go back on for a couple of months due to a lot of stress things were realy bad i do want to stop i have been using patches and inhalator seem ok for a few days then it hits me bad i have smoked for over 40 years so i did not expect it to be easy but not this hard some days i just get angry at everthing and sometimes i just sit and cry i have not had a patch on for 15 hours i am trying with the inhalator

Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

texachick is that all you used just ten losenges great did yoiu smoke long

Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #12
(female)

texachick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARON1952 View Post
texachick is that all you used just ten losenges great did yoiu smoke long
27 years.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

brilliant how are you doing i mean do you feel better

Old 03-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

thank you all for your words to quit and stay quit. i took a whole pk of hubby's yesterday...smoked last one about 10 am today. i have been just about bedridden with the fibro and my spine...thus depression comes. i know the damn cig. does not help me at all, then after i smoke i am hating myself for it...thus more depression.
sharon...you and i are really in the same boat here, but if we keep trying, i think we'll get stronger.....no giving up allowed! LOL..........BEVANN

Old 03-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

you sound like me but i think if we can stop for days at a time we should realy be able to stop completly i am an awful worrier and the least little thing starts me of again sorry you started again but tomorrows another day and mabie we will make it

Closed Thread