It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

starissa HB User
day 4 of meds

well im on day 4 of my chantix. I havent been smoking like i use to but still have one once and awhile. So i think thats a sign my mind is ready too.My only complain is not being able to sleep. I was up till damn near 7 am the other night and could get to sleep for the life of me. Is this normal? last night i took some tylenol pm since i had some pain anyways and that helped. Also been having the odd dreams but i look at those as kinda neat. My other issue is i cant walk right my boss was telling me i walked like i was drunk. any ideas?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

twolitlboyz HB User
Re: day 4 of meds

lol day four is when my dreams started now i cant wait to get to sleep, i didnt dream before now its almost entertaining. but as you said i am haveing a terriable time sleeping but mine didnt start till day 7 or 8. i have started takeing my xanax at night to help me sleep. the walking funny i dont know about i have had that one and i just started my third week of pills, 5 days puff free yay! good luck on yours sounds like your already getting in the mindset.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
(female)

starissa HB User

congrats!!! since im at work i have had a few more smokes lol. yeah ive heard these dreams are pretty cool, if i could sleep it would be nice lol. I think the walking funny is just from the smoking. Its after i have a smoke and then goes away in a couple mins lol.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #4
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Hi Starissa.

I too am on the same day with the Chantix. I haven't had to be around my co-workers yet as my job can allow me to work from my home office. Today is the first day I will see them. Committee meeting, I am a presenter....I am AFRAID of someone saying I seem drunk! I'm not giddy, just a little foggy, flighty. I'm still smoking a little, my biggest problem is first thing in the AM.

My quit date is Friday. I will be smoke free Friday when I wake up for the rest of my life. As others before me have said "Smoking is not an option". Anyway, I just wanted you to know there is another out here in cyberspace who is on the same day with the same method, we can do it!!

Old 03-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

starissa HB User

well im on day 6 and still smoking, not as much at all but i still am. Sometimes i think its not working and im always gonna be a smoker.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

I'm on day 7 also still smoking and have wondered the same thing a little....I am committed to quitting tomorrow, however. I have had side effects that mostly are tolerable, being tired, the vivid dreams and the nausea predominantly. My biggest concern is the brain fog, but the short time I quit cold turkey years ago, I had the same brain fog. It makes me wonder if the mechanism that makes these work has already blocked the nicotine. I'm curious to see how tomorrow goes. I am nervous!

If I've already gone through the hard part with the brain fog, that would be something, it's truly the hardest thing for me!

Good luck, Starissa!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
(female)

starissa HB User

glad im not the only one still smokeing lol. Side affects having been too bad, and havent noticed brain fog but am sleepy but that seems normal for me lol. gl monday is my totally quit day going outta of town with my mom and she will beat me if i smoke around her lol

Old 03-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
(female)

twolitlboyz HB User

good luck you guys, adn if it makes you feel any better i smoked 5 days past my quit date but only about two cigs a day and then quit. as of today i have been 9 days totally puff free!!!! yay me! cant tell you that after meals i dont want one but that seems to be the one craveing thats still hanging in there, i think i have tried every type of gum our gas station here in town has lol.... good luck you can do it!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #9
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

Congratulations to the both of you on your quitting. Keep up the good work. The nicotene should be gone from your body now. Good job!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Thank you!!
I have been smoke free for 1 day and 13 hours! Yay! going to the movies today to distract myself...

Closed Thread