It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User
hi saba

how are you doing to day hope you are doing well ,this is my second day realy missed my smoke when I got out of bed and after my breakfast but the doc told me to give them up I dont like him ha

Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
(female)

sabaka123 HB User
Re: hi saba

Hi Raymond, thanks for asking, I'm doing much better than expected. I was really nervous approaching my quit day but so far - so good. This is my 3rd attempt. First in 2002 was 3.5 months ( c /t ), 2nd in 2004 - 15 months (patches, gum, welboutrin), now day 3 (chantix). It's much easier this time, mostly I know very well what to expect from the previous attempts and feel more confident that I can do it.It all will get much better after the first 7 days. What also helps is Allen Carr's 'Easyway To Stop Smoking'. Did you read this book? I would never think that reading a book could help!
Yes, the first days really suck. I'm just telling myself that I'm sick and that cigarettes what made me feel that way so it's not an option. Works for me. How about you?
Saba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi saba, seems to me you have a good mindset about quitting this time, you can do it i'm sure!!! i think the less i dwell on them, the less agitated i become, and we all know how depressed we can get, not smoking. i have had no depression this time....every other time i have quit (the most being 3 different times for a total of 4 mos. ea time.)
best of luck to you and everyone else on this board!........bevann

Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

sabaka123 HB User

Thanks Bevann, trying my best. Although not feeling well at this point: have troubles sleeping and focusing on my work, besides injured a knee on my first day of quit so can't really move now. How about you, what are you doing to get cigarettes out of your mind? Are you using some kind NRT?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Do you all get a little lightheaded and dizzy your first few days after stopping and just generally feel bad?
Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

saba, i am using commit losenges...first time trying these. i even have one with my morning coffee (that was when i smoked the most) and the hot coffee does'nt disolve it. i would say that one will last about an hr. i can have up to 9, but usually about 5 a day does it for me. i also use the hard plastic coffee stirrers for the hand to mouth thing.
i also talk to myself when i want one (they are in the house as hubby is still smoking) i say to myself....smoke, die, can't breathe, go on oxygen etc. some days i talk to myself more than others, just thinking of a cig. makes me nausish on those days.
i use to ruin all my quits because of stress (which we all have at some time) then i realized smoking did't help stress, and i'd add to the stress by being upset with myself for giving in and smoking. day 6 for me, i hope you are also doing good!.....take care, keep posting, it really helps........bevann

Old 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
(female)

sabaka123 HB User

Hi, Bevaan,

I'm good. The weekend was much easier than the rest of the week. How about you? I know what you mean about stress. Yesterday I had 2 episodes when normally I took out a cig and lightened up. This time I could not: it was a hell, I figured out that I didn't know how to calm myself down and distract without a cig.

Saba

Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
(female)

Gidget73 HB User

Stressful situations are screaming for cigarettes, as are adult beverages...Stay strong!! I have just finished my third day quit! I'm snacking on nuts and pretzels, drinking alot of water, and running on the eliptical, it all helps...This morning, my dog got an extra long walk, followed by an extra long nap (I never smoked in my bedroom) just to keep myself on track first thing. That, like Bevann, is my most difficult time. Cigarettes and coffee, I pondered that all morning, why is it so fulfilling? My parents both quit many years ago without quitting coffee, doggonit, so can I!!

Closed Thread