It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
(male)

Prtam HB User
Sudden Cravings

I quit smoking cold turkey near the end of January. This was before a 10 day vacation. It was, by far, the easiest quit I've had. In mid Feb. I smoked a couple, but quickly threw out the pack and bounced back. I'm still not smoking.

Today, I cleaned out my car of old empty packs in the glove compartment. There were a few with just one in them (which made about 5 cigs all together). I broke them and threw them out. I also put an air freshener in the car since it STILL has that awful smell in it.

Anyway, after all of that, I suddenly got the craving of all cravings. I don't understand how I could have gone for so long with very few cravings and then suddenly get hit with this. Luckily, it's too late to go to any stores and it would be an incredible shame to ruin the cleaning I just did in my car. I'm sure I'll make it through. I'm just wondering, how many more of these out of the blue cravings can I look forward to? It's easy to see how they can catch you totally off guard.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User
Re: Sudden Cravings

hang in there you can do it its very hard after cleaning out your stash but your doing very well good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
(female)

tigerlilyx61 HB User

I had VERY stonge cravings 7 months out. I still have cravings, albeit fleeting and mild, and it has been 18 years. Hang tough!! It does get easier.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
(male)

Prtam HB User

Thanks for the replies. Tigerlily, thank you. I'm glad to hear someone else's experience.

It's strange how strong these cravings can get. I even woke up with one. What is strange is that the cravings seem to last longer than the 5minutes I keep reading about. More like an hour or two. Good thing I'm not concerned about gaining weight because I'm going to have to eat all day to offset the one I woke up with. LOL

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
(female)

nomoresmokin' HB User

They will get better. They come out of the blue. Take deep breaths slowly. Mine didn't last but a minute or two. I would quickly think of something else right after my deep breaths and walla, gone. Last night was the first night since I quit smoking that I went to dinner with a friend that use to smoke also. One of our habits was dinner, then linger and smoke and talk. Since this was our first dinner out as non smokers, I was a little anxious. We talked about when we use to smoke and it didn't bother us at all. We ate and then left and I thought hmmmm, good.

Closed Thread