It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
relapse

well thats me relapsed again sometimes i wonder if i will ever stop i was a bit down just sitting by myself and went and bought a packet that was me of 5 days again si i am even more down now so if yiou feel like a smoke dont because it makes you feel worse and such a failure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
(male)

FanaticBattery HB User
Re: relapse

I know it is hard but try not to beat yourself up too much. If only quitting was easy. Sadly, it is not. Jump back on that wagon, try to ignore the negative thoughts and roll with it

Take care,
FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User

sorry to here that Sharon are you still smoking?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi thats me stopped again just 1 day 13 hours but trying hard this time hope you are all doing well

Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Hi, SHARON1952,
How are you doing now? Don't feel bad about a relapse, I think that we have all been there many, many times.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
(female)

AtlantaBlue HB User

Sharon, I know how you feel. I'm about to relapse also. I am fighting the urge to go buy a pack of cigarettes!!! I've been quit since 2/6/08 but for some reason.....today is horrible for me!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Sharon, Atlanta, and all! PLEASE don't beat yourselves up over relapsing!!! I do it all the time and eventually we all with the help of God dust ourselves off and start again. I wanted to get a pack of smokes so badly last night I could literally taste it. My son has been having problems with his OCD and the stress does me in everytime along with the worry and depression and anxiety. It's been 17 days now without a slip and all I do now is when the urge strikes or anything stressful for that matter, I go in to lay down for a bit and rest. I just drop everything and get away from it for a bit. It has been helping me immensely--that and speaking to a higher power(mine is God). We're trying to beat the toughest thing in the world and practicing will help us succeed. We've got a great support system on this board and we can't do anything but succeed! God bless and take care--Hopeto--

Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi mmee i am still smoking i went for my diabtic blood test and they found something wrong with my thyroid i have to see the doc on friday but i have been so stressed out however i have read a lot of posts saying they got thyroid problems after stopping also the weight i have put on one and a half stone i hope everyone else is doing well i am going to try again after i see the doc because my bp is also up i seem to have fell to bits when i stopped but i realy do wish i had not started again

Old 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

Hi, SHARON1952,
You have alot going on right now, and I would not blame myself for starting again. Relapses do happen and you can always quit again when the stress level goes down for you.
I hope that everything works out for you and that your thyroid is okay too.

Closed Thread