It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

raymond55 HB User
really bad day

what a day just lost the plot over putting up a shelf first I could not find my hammer next no nails when I did put it up it fell down again so I went for a walk and bought 20 cigs and remembered I stoped smoking what a day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

sabaka123 HB User
Re: realy bad day

Oh! Just throw them away! The nicotine monster was waiting for it. Yesterday I added 10 pounds struggling with it. I know how it happens, many times a day I automatically look for a pack and only after I can't find it I understand that I have quitted. Don't give up, treat yourself with something really good. What would you like?
Saba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

It is really hard to stay 'stopped', isn't it? Did you all get light headed and a little dizzy and feel a little spacey in the beginning? Just wondering.
Thanks.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
(female)

Gidget73 HB User
Re: really bad day

I was so spacey I was scared to drive. I couldn't think straight or remember things very well. This happened to me for a longer period of time when I quit cold turkey, but I was also cheating every couple of days like a dummy, so I suspect that periodical introduction of nicotine kept the withdrawl going in a long, drawn out fashion. This time I'm staying away from anyone who would even have a cigarette for me to beg for, that way I'd have to buy a whole pack to get my hands on one, and I won't do that.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
(female)

sabaka123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmee View Post
It is really hard to stay 'stopped', isn't it? Did you all get light headed and a little dizzy and feel a little spacey in the beginning? Just wondering.
Thanks.
Sure I did not (still don't) feel like regular myself. But it is something not painful, I would say it was difficult to focus on anything and blurry. Are you planning to quit or already there?

Saba

Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

Reyne HB User
Re: really bad day

I had a few similiar episodes. I was at the check out at the grocery store and asked for my brand of smokes...did not even realize I did it.

Then I had a break down looking for my lighter in the car...another dah. I was crying, sweating, just looking for that damn lighter.

Then I had to go visit my Dr...I needed help.

Now, I have 2 yrs quit down and smokes are the last thing on my mind! Hang in there, it is a habit and you can break it!!!

It does get better!!!

Closed Thread