It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
smoking dreams

hi to all! i am at 9 days no smoking point. last nite i had a dream that i was smoking a cigarette. i don't remember much of dream except smoking.
anyone else this has happened to? i'm not using chantix this time, so it's not related to that. hope you all are doing well...breathe free!....bevann

Last edited by bevann26; 03-19-2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: smoking dreams

I had a number of smoking dreams. The next morning I almost felt like I had cheated. LOL!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
(female)

Evonne667 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
hi to all! i am at 9 days no smoking point. last nite i had a dream that i was smoking a cigarette. i don't remember much of dream except smoking.
anyone else this has happened to? i'm not using chantix this time, so it's not related to that. hope you all are doing well...breathe free!....bevann
Hi Bevann

I had plenty of them smoking dreams. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't remember wether I was a smoker or not.

Feeling great now, its been 2 months 1 day for me, still get the odd craving but it seems to last only a minute or two.

Keep in touch
Evonne

Old 03-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
(female)

twolitlboyz HB User

how odd. i am at two weeks today and just had my first smokeing dream lastnight, i know i was thinking hey wait i quit! today with the cleaning out of my lungs i feel like i smoked all the cigs i did in my dream how long does this coughing and runny nose stuff last?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
(female)

Evonne667 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolitlboyz View Post
how odd. i am at two weeks today and just had my first smokeing dream lastnight, i know i was thinking hey wait i quit! today with the cleaning out of my lungs i feel like i smoked all the cigs i did in my dream how long does this coughing and runny nose stuff last?
Hi

When I first gave up I had the slight sore throat, runny nose etc....... then about the 3rd week I ending up with full blown tonsillitis :-( wether that was due to quitting smoking I couldn't tell you. But after taking the antibiotics for a week I felt a whole lot better. So it was about 1 month when I started feeling the benefits of quitting smoking. Even though I did seem to breath easier and smell, taste food alot better pretty much from the beginnning.

Keep in touch
Evonne

Old 04-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
(female)

joonflowers HB User

I stopped smoking last June. I have had lots and lots of smoking dreams. They are full of anxiety about me smoking. I feel guilty in my dreams. Sometimes the cigarette I am smoking is soggy and falling to pieces and I am having difficulty actually smoking it. When I wake up I am so grateful that I no longer want to smoke

PS I stopped smoking on my own - didn't take any medication or chewing gum.

Last edited by joonflowers; 04-06-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: to add something

Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
(female)

texachick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
I still have them The next morning, I will want a cigarette too. LO, but, that lasts all of a few seconds before I think, wait, I don't do that anymore. I am going on 9 weeks now. The cravings are still there every once in a while, but, it's a small craving, like craving chocolate and then it's gone. Good luck to you. Keep it up!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I get an occasional smoking dream. in the dream i am upset with myself and always think that I just have to go ahead and stop smoking again. It is weird. Godbless

Closed Thread