It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
trying again

i have been of smoking 6 days 17 hours again and today seems the worse i could smoke a packet but am trying hard to get the day in wiyhout them hopeing tomorrow will be better how is everyone else doing i have not seen ramond on the board for some time just wanted to know if he is still of i have still been reading the posts every day having a lot of boyher with my thyroid just now i got that when i stopped the first time i think i had it then and the smoking was masking it and it showed up when i stopped still seeing the doctor about that but he has asked me to stop smoking

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: trying again

hi again thats me made it 1 week patches and inhalater

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Sharon! Congratulations on your 1 week quit!! I know how hard it is--it's been 12 weeks for me without a relapse(of course antidepressant and other meds have helped), but I am so tempted right now because I have been up against this jerky doctor-- thyroid thing. One reading says decreased and the doctor says it's okay. A few months go by and the same thing happens again. I am so sick of feeling crummy and trying to do the right thing healthwise and it doesn't make any difference when they don't listen to you. I keep asking for help not to relapse, but my patience is wearing thin. God bless you--I know how you feel when you get feeling down. I guess this is a process and it takes a few quits and relapses before we put it down altogether. Congrats again and may God keep you well--Hopeto--

Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi thanks your doing great 12 weeks i cant wait to say that that tyroid thing really stinks it can make the withdrawal so much harder but i am going to give this my best shot as i need to get the amount of medication right for the thyroid finding it realy hard with the cravings do they ever go away

Old 06-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I also have thyroid issues. I was stable on meds until last year. I don't know what makes stopping smoking easier or harder.

I stopped during perimenopause with thyroid issues and a son who lived with us who still smokes. Also was having issues with anxiety.

I had tried several times and I believe that the hypnosis session I had helped get my mind ready to stop. It is basically a choice. It isn't easy. But it is worth it. I love not being controlled by that urge.

Godbless

Old 06-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi marrian how long have you stopped it must be hard when you still have a smoker at home also did you have the thyroid problems before you stopped mine started after i stopped the first time and i started back on themit has been like that all last year i smoke i cant breathe i stop and have thyroid problems apparenly smoking masks the thyroid symptoms but its still there i still havent had a smoke 1 week 1 day and 9 hours but strugling bad well i did smoke for around 40 years so i supose it wont be easy take care

Closed Thread