It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

jr2212 HB User
5th Week Chantix - No results! Anyone Else?

On my 5th week of Chantix, smokes taste the same (smoke about as much), I have experienced no bad tastes in my mouth and other than having to work a bit to control nausau I feel zero effects from them?

It's my understanding from the Pfizer literature that the drug requires different amounts of time in different people to accumulate in your body in sufficient amounts to stimulate you to quit (bad taste and all that). The literature actually says that "some people need a few weeks for Chantix to work best". After reading this I did not panic when it seemed to have no effect on me, but what does that statement mean anyway - a few weeks??? Lets see now one week is one week, a couple of weeks is two weeks - what the heck is several weeks - three - four - five - maybe even six?????

I may have made the mistake of not putting a quit date out there, as of today I have selected July 4th but I am conerned that attempting to quit before I have established optimal performance of the drug in my body may be a mistake? I hear people using the terms like "when the drug kicked in", well I'm not experiencing any of that!

As much as I'm begining to panic some on this "no effect issue" I did run into a guy who told me a friend of his took it into his third month before he was able to set the smokes down - and then did it successfully.

Has anyone had my experience or have any comments on it, I'm getting concerned!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
(female)

akazie HB User
Re: 5th Week Chantix - No results! Anyone Else?

I was like you, all that happened to me was nausea (I did feel tied a lot but I still wanted to smoke) but I picked a quite day (which was day 14 of being on the drug) and followed though with it. I don't think this is a miracle drug, you still need willpower, I still feel like smoking.

---------------------------------------
Free and Healing for Twenty Seven Days, 11 Hours and 39 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1099 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $475.50.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
(female)

sticker54 HB User
Re: 5th Week Chantix - No results! Anyone Else?

I took Chantix for 4 weeks before I quit smoking. Side effects: nausea after I smoked too many cigarettes with coffee, nightmares, rage, weight gain. I didn't set a quit date when I started Chantix so I smoked until I felt like I could quit. For 3 days, I cut back on the amount that I smoked and then I just quit. I continue with the Chantix for another 2 weeks but had to get off cause I was mad all the time. Everyone sure got stupid when I was talking it. I quit smoking May 21 and been off Chantix since June 4, after smoking pack a day for 30 years. I haven't smoke since and hopefully, I won't ever again. I will be glad when all the side effects of Chantix wear off but after reading some post, we may have to live with these the rest of our lives. The rage is the hardest to deal with. Could be my hormones. Weight gain, even though, I feel that I'm not eating anymore than before. Maybe it's because I'm actually smelling the food now. It's nice to be able to walk 20 steps without wheezing for breath.

Closed Thread