It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

Elga HB User
Chantix - Zyban or Wellbutrin

Hello,

I am considering quitting with help (no patches for me don't work, neither does the gum).

I read quite a bit about Chantix, side effects and all, and also about Zyban and Wellburtin.

I am looking for something that will take away the nicotine craving and not make the cigarettes taste bad (Chantix??).

Not sure but seems that what Chantix does is make the cigarette tastes bad and does not take the nicotine craving away, so you still have to cope with this aspect.

I am not sure if Zyban is better than Wellbutrin, and if it works on everyone to take cravings away.

I have a hard time quitting have tried many times, and would like to succed this time. Any advice from users would be appreciated. Thanks a million,

Elga

Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User
Re: Chantix - Zyban or Wellbutrin

Zyban is the same thing as Wellbutrin. Just labeled under a different name. I too am considering taking Wellbutrin to help me quit. I have known people who have used Wellbutrin and they completely kicked the habit. One person said he didn't even realize he had quit, it just happened. No serious withdrawal or anything. That sounds good to me. Good luck with your decision to quit.

Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
(female)

jill60 HB User

My DH took Chantix & he has been smoke free 1 yr June 8th. He did had bad dreams with the chantix. He cut out the bedtime pill & this helped alot!

Good Luck!

Jill

Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

azrose HB User

Hi,
I quit about 8 weeks ago with Wellbutrin. I wasn't prescibed it for smoking cessation, but for depression and anxiety. So, the quitting was a bonus for me. I really haven't had any problems with it. Just had trouble sleeping the first few nights so my dr switched the times that I take it. Every one's different though. I have had no urge to smoke-unbelievable. Well, whatever you decide to take I wish you the best.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

Elga HB User

Well nice of all of you for your replys. I finnally think I will try Wellbutrin first, funny I thought Zyban was the same molecule but not as strong or something like that.

If I can't stand the side effects (dry mouth is the worst for me with antidepressants), I'll then try Chantix as they both seem to cut the craves wich is the most important part as far as I am concerned. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again

Closed Thread