It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

phinia23 HB User
American Spirit Cigarettes

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone who has ever smoked American Spirit Cigarettes and has eventually gone on to develop lung problems. American Spirit cigarettes are claimed to be additive free and a safer alternative to regular cigarettes which are riddled with toxins. I do not condone smoking at all, but I have been known to smoke these on occasion. A friend of mine has developed a lung disorder and he refuses to stop smoking. He started to smoke American Spirits instead of his usual Camels. I would like to think that, considering his circumstances, if he is not willing to quit then American Spirit cigarettes should be the way to go. At least a lot of the chemicals he would be inhaling from the Camels would not be there. He should not be smoking at all!!!!!!
Does anyone smoke American Spirit cigarettes?
If so do you consider them to be a safer alternative to smoking regular brands like Marlboro, Camel, Parliament, etc.?
I am NOT condoning smoking at all, I am simply trying to make some sense of my friends situation.
Thanks

Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

starissa HB User
Re: American Spirit Cigarettes

im not sure either but i have heard that from people before. My ex smokes those and when i smoked (4 months clean now) i didnt like em. they where to potent to me and had a funny after taste

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Phinia! I have tried the American Spirit cigarettes in the past and didn't like them. Another company, Nat Sherman, has comparable additive-free cigarettes that I have smoked and to be honest, they were the cigs that helped me to quit smoking in the past! Honestly! I think I got my body down to one chemical alone and it was easier to give up with them than the cigs with all the additional, addictive chemicals. Just my two cents, but had to drop you a line. Incidentally, they unfortunately weren't a bad cigarette at all! Take care--Hopeto--

Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
(female)

phinia23 HB User

Thanks a lot for the replies. I know that American Spirit cigarettes are not very popular. They do smoke differently than your average cigarette. I have known people to switch to them before they try to quit simply because of the lack of chemicals. I have quit them however and it sucked anyway. I had to take antidepressants because it was such a shock to my system. Quitting them during a pregnancy was pretty easy for some reason, though. Smoking and I have had a bittersweet relationship for some time now. I have managed to quit 4 times-each a considerable length of time, only to start back up again. It has been a struggle for me. But I have to keep trying to stay quit.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
(male)

roughands HB User

good luck phinia! We've all been there before. If it was simple, there wouldnt be online communities to support quitters....

and as for yyour friend, how about vaporizing nicotine? If i were to hazard a guess, id say thats like 2783098 times more safe than combusting tobacco

Last edited by roughands; 08-01-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Closed Thread