It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
(male)

ttket HB User
Problems After Quitting Smoking

I am a 20 year old male. I have smoked since I was 14 years old. I quit, the 12th of June. I've been doing fine as far as cravings, etc. I'm not having any problems with that but, right when I stopped smoking, I become extremely tired and dizzy and started running a fever of 100+ everyday and it's been going on, continuously, since then. I've also had very mild lung pain, off and on, which is worrisome. I am well aware of the symptoms of withdrawal, but I do not feel that I should be running a 100+ fever everyday for nearly a month and feeling so terrible that I can hardly do anything anymore. I've went and gotten checked up for just about everything. I was put on an antibiotic for possible bronchitis, during mid-point of all of this, but it didn't solve any of my problems. I've had multiple blood tests to check standard levels, etc and have had no abnormalities. I am contemplating going in for a chest x-ray, just in case something is the matter. I'm just wondering if anyone here has anything they could say to help me figure this out. Thanks for reading.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: Problems After Quitting Smoking

The tired and dizzy are normal ,the fever I'm flumoxed!!!! For the first week I was nauseous and exhausted. But a fever for a month there's got to be some sort of underlying infection somewhere that the antibiotics should of taken care of.

For the first three months of quitting I felt like I was in a fog just very I dunno out of it.

If it'll make you feel better get an x-ray especially if you stil have a fever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
(male)

ttket HB User

Yeah, it's got to be some kind of problem. I still have the fever and still feel horrible and completely out of energy. I've gone all over, though, and no one is finding anything wrong. It's frustrating. They don't feel the need to do an x-ray because my lungs and heart sound good. Their answer is "we don't have an answer" lol.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Well the tired and run down part I undestand I felt terrible for about three months but I just can't figure out the fever part.

Completely off the subject of you, my quit date is also the the 12th of June I just celebrated three years, to celebrate I took a long weekend away.

I'm flumoxed but I hope you resolve the issue soon without going back to smoking. Alot of people around here have issue come up after quitting

Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
(male)

ttket HB User

Yeah, I'll just hope that it's an annoying virus, or something. Still getting tests done to make sure everything is alright, though. I won't go back to smoking, don't worry about that. I mean, if these were problems caused by smoking and masked by the chemicals or something, it would not be within my best interest to start again, anyway, haha. Either way, hopefully, this will get figured out soon. Also, that's interesting to know that you quit, on the same date. I'm glad that you've been able to stick to it for three years, so far. I've had two grandparents die young because of smoking related illnesses/diseases and it's not something to just shrug off. Thanks for the replies and good luck keeping to having quit.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

you too feel better soon Just had a thought did you quit cold turkey or are you using something like gum patch etc.? Maybe that's causing it .....it's a thought

Last edited by Liamsmom; 07-09-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
(male)

ttket HB User

Oh, I just quit, flat out. I'm not on any medication, or anything. Thanks for the concern, though.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
(female)

mawat55 HB User

I have never heard of anyone running a fever due to quitting smoking. I'm sure that with you already seeing a Dr. that he would be the one to call with your concerns. I'm sure it is nothing - take care and congratulations on your QUIT.

Closed Thread