It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
3 pks a day Want to quit because of fatigue

I've smoked for 22 years (at 3 pks a day now). After 9 years develop severe chronic (UNEXPLAINED BY DOCTORS) fatigue. Was 26 yrs old when it hit me. To have to choose which would be worse (which is hard 2 do), the fatigue or not having a cigarette ever again, I have to vote the fatigue. Problem is, I don't want to quit, however, feeling like a dog every single day, it's not worth it.

Could it be because of the cigarettes? Nothing else has explained it. Tests after tests after stupid tests, nothing shows up. Exercising daily doesn't help. Eating healthy doesn't help. Nothing works.

How many of you that smoke, also deal with fatigue every day?

Cold turkey would be the best way for me to go when I do quit. After getting through those horrible two days of thinking your going to die without it, that feeling goes away and it's not so bad, but right now I just started using Chantix, which I've used once before and quit for about a mth, cause it curves the craving. And I'm not looking forward to withdrawal symptoms (getting even more tired).. So I think I'll try to quit slow instead of cold turkey to avoid that..

Old 11-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
(male)

Air Expert HB User
Re: 3 pks a day Want to quit because of fatigue

Holy Smokes! 60 a day?! Are you still alive?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

still tickin lol

Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well the cigarettes have been causing this overwelming can't handle fatigue I've had, I guess after quitting, I have felt a little fatigue, but it's nothing to what it once was.

I relapsed so many times I didn't know if I was going to be able to do this, but I kept trying, and I think the hardest thing for me was having people come around me whom smoke, and even if they don't smoke in front of you, it just sets your mind off to going insane wanting one, but I kept on trying, I may have failed, smoked 1, darn smoked a whole pack, or an entire week, but I went back and quit again and again, and I finally got to that point that I could actually have nicotine sitting right in my face and just say I don't want it.

I think I can finally live without ever smoking again. 2 1/2 days without a cigarette so far. I know it hasn't been that long since I quit, but I can see my effort of trying seems to be paying off.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
(female)

Evonne667 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Well the cigarettes have been causing this overwelming can't handle fatigue I've had, I guess after quitting, I have felt a little fatigue, but it's nothing to what it once was.

I relapsed so many times I didn't know if I was going to be able to do this, but I kept trying, and I think the hardest thing for me was having people come around me whom smoke, and even if they don't smoke in front of you, it just sets your mind off to going insane wanting one, but I kept on trying, I may have failed, smoked 1, darn smoked a whole pack, or an entire week, but I went back and quit again and again, and I finally got to that point that I could actually have nicotine sitting right in my face and just say I don't want it.

I think I can finally live without ever smoking again. 2 1/2 days without a cigarette so far. I know it hasn't been that long since I quit, but I can see my effort of trying seems to be paying off.
Congratulations on deciding to quit and 2 1/2 days is excellent,

This is my 4th attempt and so far have been quit for 7 weeks & 1 day This time around I've quit on my own, which believe it or not seems to be easier, as my hubby is still smoking and cigarettes are at hand if I need one, which I haven't even been tempted to sneak one :-) On my other quits my hubby & I have quit together and I think when my hubby was going through a craving, it would make me crave, as he'd be sat there going over & over that he needs a ciggie, which made me crave :-( and eventually we'd both cave in :-(. So I suppose for me it didn't work having a quit buddy. What has worked for me this time is the book Allen Carr, Easy Way to quit smoking. It does get easier, hang in there and come here and vent if needed. Keep up the good work & good luck :-)
Evonne

Old 12-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
(male)

garyfoster HB User

I'd check out the author Philip Day - he's got a lot of great stuff on food and how to use specific food types to boost your energy. The better you'll feel the better you'll become a non-smoker, rather than thinking how bad it's going to be - maybe it doesn't have to be?

Good luck,

Gary ...

Old 12-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have started smoking again, but I am making a determination on NEW YEARS to never get anywhere near nicotine again, I think one of my downfalls was trying an NRT and that little lease of nicotine through me just made the withdrawal worse.

I am suffering when I quit, to the point of crazy. The anxiety I have previously went through I can't express how bad that was. Now I'm taking Kava Kava and hope when my quit date on Friday comes, that I will be a little bit more calm. I was having depressive episodes again, crying, suicidal thoughts coming and going, since I've been smoking again, not one problem there. It's amazing how much a smoke can calm your nerves. Not a good thing though! Look what it does to you when you quit.

I am more scared to keep puffing poison through me than I am these problems that occur after I quit. I have had (and am near positive it's where I quit smoking - will know soon enough) break out with itchy hives. Gums bleeding, gums inflammed all over, my tounge burning, a sore throat, nausea, took a nasty esopageal attack of pain & indigestion, shortness of breath. To think what it can do after you quit, imagine what it could do while your puffing all those years. I imagine someone with a delayed reaction of 20 years and ends up with COPD over a cigarette, it's pretty bad. Or those innocent people who never smoked in their life and have to endur 2nd hand smoke and end up with cancer, unbelievable isn't it?

Most people I doubt have physical reactions from quitting smoking, but I did find someone on this board whom also said they had hives after they quit smoking, and they kept having difficulty quitting also, I think that's just part of a cigarettes way of trying to keep your drawed into doing it forever. I will be finding out what in the world is happening here, and I am positive it wasn't an allergy like my dr assumed, had my clotting function checked, ELISA allergy test. They never called so the tests had to be normal and I will call to confirm but I know they'd get in touch with me if something was wrong. I assume maybe it's a delayed toxic reaction after giving up a toxic substance, but I don't know for sure and really am seriously confused about it. But it makes me want to give this crap up that much more.

Closed Thread