It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
Electronic Cig - Questions

Hi Everyone,

I somke about a pack to a pack and half daily.

I've gotten to the point were I'm just so sick of smoking. Even though I exercis daily I have breathing issue and all sorts of bad stuff that I know are a result of my smoking.

The probelm is I'm so addicted I can barley go a few hours without having a smoke. The worst is that I can make it through the night without smoking. I don;t sleep that great and usually wake up every one - two hours in the middle of the night and everytime I wake up I have to have a cig. If I don;t have a cig I will not be able to fall asleep. One average I smoke about 6 cigs every night. (i can't even give my lungs a break in the night time)

Anyways I'm considering the electronic cig. I need some info had a hard time finding info on line. Is it bad for you or what. It looks like as far as the lungs are concerned it would actually be good since your only inhaling water vapor? It appears to me the only bad things with it is that there is still nicotine in it, but then then theoretically the electronic cig is no worse than nicotine gum for example and it would greatly help me with my breathing issue.

So can anybody give me info and let me know if my above statements are true, or should I have any concerns with this product, etc..

Thank you in advance for any info.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
Re: Electronic Cig - Questions

Nobody has any info on the e-cig? Again any replies will be really apreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

I just ordered one/two for my wife. We havn't got them yet. She too smokes in the night. I will let you know what hapens.

Mudhound

Old 01-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
(male)

PerilousCX HB User

Hi Leo123,

Last spring I bought one on a trip to Las Vegas.

The one I got, has received some pretty negative reviews. I did not realize this until well after I bought it.

The feeling is quite a bit different than smoking. On the E-cigarette I have, you have to inhale very hard, and it burns your throat. This is coming from a guy who's smoked marlboro reds. Also, the nicotine tends to drip out of the cartridges.

You do have to continually purchase new cartridges, and some cigarettes can break down pretty easy based on use. Ultimately, they are consumable products. I would read as many reviews as possible before purchasing one.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
(male)

rick154 HB User

Does the e-cig have a H2O vapor you inhale? And does it actually drip nicotine? That doesn't seem like a good combo. Respiratory problems ( fluid build up in lungs ) and 1 drop of PURE nicotine can possibly kill you. Where can I research this. FDA? CDC?

Last edited by rick154; 01-13-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
(male)

timpa HB User

It's nic in PG you can get it in different flavors, the PG is safe they use it in vaporizers and food and stuff, and don't buy what the FDA was saying.

What they don't tell you is, that everything but the nic is 1000% safer then tobacco cigs. I got a ecig mod and can vap all day on one set of battery's, the nic juice is not 100% nic not ever close.

I vap 36mg juice that means 3.6 % nic and the rest is PG, you can get all kinds of flavors, I smoked for 35 years and I stop with the ecig. In fact it didn't even bother me at all, but I got a good mod called the prodigy V2 from puresmoker.

You can find out anything you want to know, from the ecig forum just go a google search.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
(female)

mentalcompass HB User

I just purchased a Duo Pro. It's okay but it does take getting used to. I'm looking at the one you mentioned but it's really confusing. I don't know what to choose. Could you make some suggestions, please? I can not smoke again, no way, I've smoked 20 years and this winter I've had respiatory infections back-to-back. I'm 40 and I've got a 5-year-old, never been so scared in all my life. I'm going to the lung doc next week with my fingers crossed. No matter what happens there --- and I'm sure it's just stubborn bronchitis, which I got from kid (she was really sick too but mine is lasting longer) -- I know that I can not, under any circumstances, remain a smoker, my body just can't take it anymore. I had a lung xray last year, before all the infections, and it showed I had very early COPD. "If you don't want it to get any worse, don't smoke again," the doc said. I was good for a month and restarted. The ecig seems a good way for me to get over the habit, I still go outside and it's mentally similar to me, plus I get the nicotine. I'm not sure I like that one I purchased though. By the way, that vapor, you can feel it in your lungs, is that actually water vapor?????????? I wouldn't think water vapor would do that. I'd love you suggestion on the best product, I'll order it.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #8
(male)

timpa HB User

I settled on the prodigy v2 from puresmoker, after having got a other one that used battery's way to much and the battery's was junk, that worried me as I wanted a soild replacement for smoking.

I got the nic juice to last over a year much of it has no flavor, you have to try different juices and find what works best for you, drawing hard don't work very good drawing easy does.

That one place many people go wrong they draw to hard at first, thinking they will get more but you get less because it don't let it heat right, I stall using my mod and 3 sets of battery's.

I got a 801 atom that is the part that the juice goes in and it heats it, to turn it into vapors many people love the different flavors you can get, some do smell great and add a little flavor as well.

You should look at a ecig setup as a investment, do your own research and get good stuff that fits you, I got a mod but it may not be the one you would like, it's much bigger then a normal smoke.

I don't mind that as a trade off for great battery life, and soild built that will not likely ever break, some people want smaller like a smoke, and are willing to use more battery's to vap all day.

Closed Thread