It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

P91 HB User
Smoking started making me feel sick

Hi, I've been a smoker for 2 or 3 month, and smoked more than usual the last few weeks and lived in a house full of people smoking all the time with closed windows (cigarettes and weed). Smoking started making me feel nauseous and then the urge disappeared by itself. I was wondering if I could be through with smoking for good or if my body just needs to recover from over exposure and the urge will be even worst after that? I'm worried that the urge will come back and I'll have to smoke and it will make me feel sick.
Anyone has ever been in a similar situation?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
Re: Smoking started making me feel sick

I tried taking up smoking and was smoking for a few months. It started making me nauseous every time I'd start puffing on one. So naturally it discouraged me from smoking more. That was 6 months ago. Even now I don't crave smoking. Most of the time just the thought of it reminds me how I felt and any urge goes away. I just think some people are a lot more sensitive to it than others.

I remember back when I was smoking every day that one night I woke up and my lungs were hurting really bad even keeping me awake. I got pretty freaked out and realized that I'm probably a prime candidate for lung cancer. Some people can smoke for decades and not get it.
It just depends on you. I wouldn't worry much about it because you probably have the makings of a sure non smoker. We are lucky.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread