It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User
3 Months Quit but still gasping for cig :-(

Hi All

I have been a non-smoker for 3 months with the help of Nicotine Patches & Inhalator. I am now on step 3 (5mg) patch with approx 2-3 cartridges a day, which I am supposed to stop in 2 weeks time. My problem is that I'm very confused, it's like one half of me still wants to smoke and the other half doesn't want to smoke. At the moment I've not given in to temptation, but I'm scared I'm going to once I have given up the NRT. I thought after 3 months I'd be more confident of staying smoke-free but it seems my willpower is slowly dwindling away. At the moment I'm searching on the internet looking at pics etc etc...... on what smoking can do to our bodies if I don't stay quit, I'm just hoping this will boost my willpower back up before I give in. Thank you to everyone who reads this, please share your experiences with fighting this addictive demon and lets hope we can conquer this together.

Evonne

Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

her70cuda HB User
Re: 3 Months Quit but still gasping for cig :-(

You are still taking in nicotine. You have stopped inahling the carcinogens in the paper cigarettes but you haven't gotten completely off the drug yet so I'm not suprised.

I quit cold turkey because I was afraid of prolonging the addiction to nicotine. I'm not saying step down methods are bad, just not something I thought I'd be able to deal with in a positive way.

You are halfway there. You have gone 3 months without the act of smoking. YAY! That's awesome!

Now you just have to complete the step down process and get completely off the drug.

You can do this. This is when you can take a step back and see why you REALLY want to get off this. The addiction is real and it is this strong for you right now.

I can tell you it won't always be cravings and thinking of smoking, things get better. You will end up with a life that will amaze you when one day you realize you spent a whole day not even thinking or caring about a cigarette. I remember when it happened.

This month on Feb 14th I celebrate 3 years not smoking. I can't tell you enough how glad I am that I stuck it out because I am home free and I am so happy I don't smoke and I don't want to smoke any more.

Please stay strong because you can kick this and you will be so proud and happy you did!! It will end.

Imagine this coming summer bieng outside in the fresh clean air doing things you love without that stinky cig being a part of your life any more. The smell of clean hair and fresh air is going to be awesome.

You are almost there, keep going and you never have to do this again because you will be free.

Last edited by her70cuda; 02-04-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread