It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

mathgrrl HB User
Really stressed out, want to start again

I quit smoking almost a year ago. I've been doing fine. I used to think about smoking every day, sometimes all day every day, but over the last 3 or 4 months I've only thought about it a couple times a week. Now I am a week away from moving across country and I am really stressed out, nervous, and scared. I suddenly want a cigarette so bad I can hardly stand it.

I don't think I will do it because I can't afford to start smoking again. Once I move I will barely be making ends meet as it is. At the same time I find myself thinking "one pack to get me through the week won't hurt." I know better, and I remind myself that I'm the kind of person who can go from a few a day to two packs a day in no time.

I've basically been compensating by drinking a lot of diet soda, but that has made me feel even more anxious. I don't want to chew gum because it makes me feel bloated. Any other suggestions to help me through this week?

Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
(female)

AnotherDayDone HB User
Re: Really stressed out, want to start again

I'm sorry, I wish I could give you some ideas. Unfortunately when I quit 10 yrs ago, I turned to another smokeable item, an illegal one to get me through and I drank more than ever...I know there has to be something else to try that's less drastic!

I just started back up again, I have so many addictions I'm trying to control, having a cig with my girls the other night, sent me right back into a smoker. And right now I don't care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
(female)

spire150 HB User
Re: Really stressed out, want to start again

Well, I dont know if this will help but here's a story:
My dad used to smoke all his life. From age 18 to like 55. what i remember, is that he used to smoke like 5 cigarettes a day. Well the first time he quit he had a hard time doing it. About 2-3 weeks he gave in and started smoking. But my dad is very stubborn he tried to quit again. This time it worked. To this day he hasnt smoked at all (its been like 5 years, yes he's 60 lol)! He didn't change anything about himself, no diets, just quit smoking. I think it's all about will-power, be strong! Don't let addictions get to you, you control them. Keep yourself busy and your mind off of smoking.

Closed Thread