It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

ouchmyfootlol HB User
Red face scary experience today

Well I have a pretty serious cold. Today at work i went on my smoke break and when i came back to my desk i swear i was gasping for air. It took me what felt like forever to get my breathing back to normal. So i think i have been officially scared stright. Havent smoked since and dont plan on it. I know it will be harder when i feel better so thats why i posed this to remind myself.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: scary experience today

Congratulations on stopping smoking!!! I am sorry you had the scary experience, but, like you said, it sort of scared you straight. Keep up the good work on quitting, be proud of yourself for doing so, and know that there are others, including me, on this board that will be here to support you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
(female)

ouchmyfootlol HB User

Thank you! Boy this isn't easy! I have been chewing a ton of gum. My friend gave me some nicorette gum..its kinda gross but its helping. I actually prefer regular gum go figure!
Im sure i will be posting more and more. Especially about weight gain so if anyone has any tips do tell!
Thanks for the reply =)

Old 03-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

It is very tough! But, it gets better as time goes on--I know that's easy to say, but it is true.

I quit 9 months ago--it's pretty easy now, but wasn't in the beginning, of course. I did it cold turkey, too.

You are doing so awesome and in no time it will be much easier for you, too!!!

Closed Thread