It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

Marhudz HB User
Chantix 2011 User

I hate how I feel, tired and bloated. Day 7 on the med. An still smoking.
I wake up every hour and suffer from RLS really bad.(had it before but not this bad) I like the dreams; if there sexy.... Gotta have something to look forward to. Lol

Good luck to anyone out there trying this cause it is hell.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

Tobeytoo HB User
Re: Chantix 2011 User

I don't like this drug either; what did you end up doing?

S

Last edited by mod85; 10-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
(female)

Marhudz HB User

Hey,
I went back to the good ole lozengers. 4mg. The big ones. I break them into 4 pieces and pop all day as needed for triggers and cravings. I am not rushing my stop date on the lozengers. I have been smoking for 30 years and anything that keeps a cigg out of my mouth works for me. I already fill better just not having all the other poisons in my body. I don't care if it takes a year!! When the mental and physical is gone then I will wean myself off the nicotine little by little. This time I am going to do it!! No more stressful quiting schedule. Just no more smoke in my lungs!!!!!

Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
(female)

Tobeytoo HB User

I love your new approach; I agree -- no rush; after all the years I've smoked, one year of quitting is a small piece. BUT I need to quit.

What are the lozengers?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
(female)

Marhudz HB User

It is a nicorette product. There are little ones and big ones. I like the big ones because I can break them up. The whole loz just feels like to much at once, but I can 1 or 2 quarters at a time and it perfect!!! Don't wait for the craving then u will just put it aside and smoke. Try to anticipate it an pop a piece before it gets u. I smoke as soon as I get up in the morning, so I will have some by the bed side. Now I can get up and have coffee first then have one. It really works for me. I pop one before stress, like driving, taking a test... Mother on the phone..... Stuff like that will drive me to smoke in a blink. Now I kick the craving in the ars before it kicks me!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Marhudz For This Useful Post:
Tobeytoo (07-23-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
(female)

Marhudz HB User

good luck!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
(female)

Tobeytoo HB User
Smile Re: Chantix 2011 User

Thank you! I didn't take my evening Chantix and am NOT taking my morning one either. I want one day without fatigue and bloating; My daughter just does not understand. She said it's kind of like letting your bangs grow out - you just have to get over the hump. Give me a break! Non-smokers are not good coaches ... they don't understand.

Good luck to you too!
Susan

Last edited by mod85; 10-07-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
(female)

stressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB User

Hi - I quit using chantix, but I know it is not for eveyone. I am for what ever works for people. Good luck on your journey. It will get better. You can do this!!!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

I'm on day 9 of chantix. The first time I used it was in 2007 and I only was on it for 3 weeks (I stopped eventually because I had stomach problems with it). I did quit for six months then stupidly took a 'drag' at christmas and started smoking again.

This time I'm having a much harder time quitting. I remember by day 7 the first time I was down to like four smokes a day and they tasted like nail polish remover. Well today is my first day of no smokes and I'm going NUTS. I smoked a whole pack yesterday before I quit. I don't know if I should buy a pack and wean myself off them or just stick with not smoking and stop the pills (I haven't 100% lost the desire to smoke yet and I'm cranky and craving them like mad but not buying them, pretty sure I'm going on at least 50% will power at this point). I don't feel comfortable taking them for a long period of time, my plan was to quit and stop them immediately. I did take one today though. Thought it would help with the anger I was feeling from withdrawal.

I had awesome dreams the first four days but those have disappeared. I get a little nauseated after i take the pill if I haven't eaten enough. I don't feel any mood changes except for today (of course because I haven't smoked). I do believe the first time I was on Chantix it changed my personality and I became a bit depressed (I still haven't really come out of it). But then I also lost my job and found out my son had diabetes right after I quit smoking so I will never really know if it was the drug or the circumstances.

Anyways. I don't know what to do. Mostly venting. I want to smoke. I don't know if I should stay on the Chantix till the end of the second week and see if I can cut down before I quit completely or just ride this out and suffer. If I have to suffer why am I even on these mind altering drugs still...are they helping me cope with stopping still?

gahhh.. it's so complicated.

The following user gives a hug of support to PumpkinSeed:
lynniev (10-05-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

I've been smoke free for 6 months... and 3 of the 6 I was on chantix. the only side effect for myself is being sick and my stomache. I knew I was to stop after a week of taken it but it took me a month and half.. I was smoking a pack and half a day. but I'm smoke free now... there will be days or weeks I don't think about one and every now and then I want one..but it took me longer then a week to not smoke a cig

Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
(female)

stressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB User

Hoping that this finds everyone fine and still not smoking!!!!! Everybody's quit is theirs and everyone is a different. Come on here and vent!!! Just remember NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)........KTQ (keep the quit)....

I will reach my one year on Oct. 22nd ..... it was so hard in the beginning, it does get easier and I almost never even think abour cigarettes anymore!!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
(female)

lynniev HB User
Talking Re: Chantix 2011 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinSeed View Post
I'm on day 9 of chantix. The first time I used it was in 2007 and I only was on it for 3 weeks (I stopped eventually because I had stomach problems with it). I did quit for six months then stupidly took a 'drag' at christmas and started smoking again.

This time I'm having a much harder time quitting. I remember by day 7 the first time I was down to like four smokes a day and they tasted like nail polish remover. Well today is my first day of no smokes and I'm going NUTS. I smoked a whole pack yesterday before I quit. I don't know if I should buy a pack and wean myself off them or just stick with not smoking and stop the pills (I haven't 100% lost the desire to smoke yet and I'm cranky and craving them like mad but not buying them, pretty sure I'm going on at least 50% will power at this point). I don't feel comfortable taking them for a long period of time, my plan was to quit and stop them immediately. I did take one today though. Thought it would help with the anger I was feeling from withdrawal.

I had awesome dreams the first four days but those have disappeared. I get a little nauseated after i take the pill if I haven't eaten enough. I don't feel any mood changes except for today (of course because I haven't smoked). I do believe the first time I was on Chantix it changed my personality and I became a bit depressed (I still haven't really come out of it). But then I also lost my job and found out my son had diabetes right after I quit smoking so I will never really know if it was the drug or the circumstances.

Anyways. I don't know what to do. Mostly venting. I want to smoke. I don't know if I should stay on the Chantix till the end of the second week and see if I can cut down before I quit completely or just ride this out and suffer. If I have to suffer why am I even on these mind altering drugs still...are they helping me cope with stopping still?

gahhh.. it's so complicated.
Hi,i am also a chantix user ,i smoked 45 years and just found out i have copd,i started chantix 1 month ago,the first 3 week ,i still smoked 1 or2 a day,then the smoke made me so sick to smell,i could not smoke a cig.i been without a cig.1 week today .and only 1 chantix pill aday,i toss my cigs,ashtrays away.and my house smell good.i got up set stomach at time ,but i was not quitting,good luck to all who trying///

Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
(female)

lynniev HB User

hi, i am a chantix user,4 weeks on the pills ,smoked 1 or2 a day,now quit 1 week ago,i do get a upset stomach,but it is all worth it.good luck

Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

ej1337 HB User

just do what i did - cold turkey, its mind over matter, and think of your family/future family/kids...do you really wanna risk dying over a 4 inch long object that gives you temporary pleasure.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

i can't do cold turkey because my mind always talks me into going hot turkey. lol

i started smoking again after quitting for three weeks.

i took half a pill tonight and am gonna do it all over again. i am going to just keep smoking till the thought of it makes me wanna puke *even if it takes two or three weeks*

i think because i was in a rush to stop the pills this time (take meds for week, quit, take for three more days and quit meds) that was not a good idea. might need to keep taking the champix till i make a 'habit' out of not smoking.

wow, maybe i should actually FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS lol.

i read new info about heart attacks and champix and that freaked me out so i was like hmmm... should i do this again? but then i remember my doctor telling me YOU HAVE TO QUIT, BECAUSE WITH YOUR FAMILY HISTORY YOU WILL HAVE A HEART ATTACK!...

so why would i continue to smoke which is probably MORE of a risk for a heart attack than the small risk of champix?

my logic is so weird sometimes.

Reply Reply