It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
(male)

stevo29 HB User
will complexion improve after i quit smoking

hey guys and girls

i have been smoke free for 15 weeks now and was wonderng if my complexion will improve. i have quit before, once for 9 months and failed to see an improve in that time. i have read a lot of information stating that the face will get better, but it never really gives a time. my complexion is very coarse and bumpy and the tone is very blotchy. what kind of time frame do people think an improve will be gained and does anyone know of any products that may help with smoke damaged skin?

thank you peeps

Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: will complexion improve after i quit smoking

Congrats on quitting!

I am not a doctor and I can only offer an opinion and that is I believe it would take more than 9 months to see any difference in your skin from just smoking alone? So many other factors come into play, such as diet, external conditions, stress, genetic make up. You can try consulting a nutritionist, and dietary changes may help. I use a line of products from Philosophy, which were developed and originally used in Dermatologists office, in fact, my dermatologist introduced me to them. But there is no scientific proof that the peels will improve smoke damaged skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
(male)

stevo29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
Congrats on quitting!

I am not a doctor and I can only offer an opinion and that is I believe it would take more than 9 months to see any difference in your skin from just smoking alone? So many other factors come into play, such as diet, external conditions, stress, genetic make up. You can try consulting a nutritionist, and dietary changes may help. I use a line of products from Philosophy, which were developed and originally used in Dermatologists office, in fact, my dermatologist introduced me to them. But there is no scientific proof that the peels will improve smoke damaged skin.
thanx for the reply nufous, i have been smoking for about 10 years. what i meant was i quit 2 years ago for 9 months and saw no improvement in my complexion, that made me angry and so i started to smoke again. then this time i have quit for 15 weeks. i do have acne prone skin and when i was younger i had bad acne and i guess i do get stressed and sometimes have trouble sleeping. as for diet i think im pretty good with that, i stay clear of processed foods and dont really eat that much fast food. im pretty sure that its the smoking that has damaged my skin to what it is now, but what with having oily skin aswell, that just adds to the problem. im just hoping i havent caused permenant damage to it.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
(female)

stressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB User

Your skin is getting oxygen now. Maybe all the toxins from the cigarettes had to work its way out. I don't really see that muchof a change, but my family have said that my skin is better.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressy View Post
Your skin is getting oxygen now. Maybe all the toxins from the cigarettes had to work its way out. I don't really see that muchof a change, but my family have said that my skin is better.
usually the cheeks will be pinker from the increase o2 due to blood flow,
the nicotine is out of your system. Use a clay mask maybe for oily skin,
no pop, lots of water, and no cigs.

even people who don't smoke have acne, you don't drink lots of milk do you?

you are doing so well with not smoking I wouldnt even go back to them, they are not the cause of your skin issues.

Reply Reply