It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

Chyanneraines HB User
Post smoking and poor circulation

I am seeing my regular doctor tomorrow about this recent problem, but I " suspect" it has to do with smoking. For the past two to three weeks on and off my feet have been freezing cold and painful, especially when I am resting.

This week it feels like it is now spreading up my feet into the tissues of my legs. I suspect that years of smoking has finally caught up with me, and this is a serious " warning" sign! Will keep you posted as what the doc has to say....but I feel pretty sure it has to do with smoking and poor circulation ( catching up to me!)

Starting tomorrow, I plan on cutting back and hopefully quitting in the very near future. As quickly as I can! and safely.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
(female)

ams40 HB User
Re: smoking and poor circulation

There were literally hundreds of reasons I quit smoking after 18 years of it, and poor circulation was one. My feet were purplish and for years I thought I just simply had the ugliest feet on the planet. Five weeks of being a nonsmoker and they look normal.
I wish you only and all the best, we are all a work in progress...it's not too late to be a nonsmoker!
(I'm sorry this doesn't help with the question about the coldness)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

Chyanneraines HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams40 View Post
There were literally hundreds of reasons I quit smoking after 18 years of it, and poor circulation was one. My feet were purplish and for years I thought I just simply had the ugliest feet on the planet. Five weeks of being a nonsmoker and they look normal.
I wish you only and all the best, we are all a work in progress...it's not too late to be a nonsmoker!
(I'm sorry this doesn't help with the question about the coldness)
Thank you for your quick reply and it gives me hope! :-)

I bought one of those electronic cigarettes and my doctor gave me some chantix to try...we shall see how it goes. Thanks for the good wishes and congradultaions to you as well!!! Looking forward to being a non-smoker! yay!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
(female)

stressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB Userstressy HB User

Hope the doctors went good. You may be right, I know when I quit I stopped having numbness in my feet. Hope it gets better.

The following user gives a hug of support to stressy:
Chyanneraines (08-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to stressy For This Useful Post:
Chyanneraines (08-07-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Yes nicotine is bad for circ, so not good to take NRT as you get the nicotine. Have you
read Allen Carr,'s and easy way to quit smoking? He tells you how to quit cold turkey,
so you don't have to go on meds or pay for other stuff.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

How did you make out at the doctor's?

I hope all is well with you!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Goodness, I hope all is well with you and congrats on quitting!

Reply Reply