It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

FireOpal HB User
24 hrs smoke free - OMG this is HARD

Hi All, I've been browsing as a guest and just registered. I"m so happy I found this board. I really really need encouragement and support.

I'm 24 hours smoke free. I've NEVER been able to make this statement, so I am feeling positive that I will be successful, this time.

I've been told by my heart doc and my primary that I have to stop, no question about it.

So, Monday morning I called my Primary Doc's office and requested a phone in RX for the Wellbutrin. I was told to take 1 per day for 3 days, then 2 per day and to set a quit date for the 8th day.

I'm not sure why I made yesterday my quit date as that was 3 days early. I didn't wake up and decide to change the quit date.

I put my last cig out at 2pm yesterday and decided, that was it. I have a few more left... I put them out of sight.

I had an incredible craving last night, it just would not pass.. so I took ambien to put myself to sleep. Can't smoke if I'm sleeping, right?

I'm really craving it badly, but I want to be able to say I'm 30 hours smoke free more than I want that cig. I might need to get the patch to help with the cravings... do they get easier as the days go on?? I feel like I'm giving up crack. I've never done crack... but you get the point.

The following user gives a hug of support to FireOpal:
janewhite1 (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
(female)

FireOpal HB User
Re: 24 hrs smoke free - OMG this is HARD

There was quite a delay from the time I hit the submit button until it showed up on the board.

Currently: 45 hours clean

and the wheeze I would hear often is completely gone and I can breathe deeper already.

I really want a cigarette, I have 3 in the house. I want to say I'm 48 hours clean more than I want that cigarette.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
(male)

C119 HB User

Hang in there.I smoked for fory three years and I said that the only way I'd quit is if a doctor told me to.Guess what,march 1972 I had a blood clot in my right leg,hospital,ICU Dr. told me to quit,never touched another one.

The Following User Says Thank You to C119 For This Useful Post:
FireOpal (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
(female)

fea1010 HB User

Good for you; yes you can do it. Get the patch; get cinnamon sticks, carrot sticks,etc. I've been there, there will be ups and downs but you can win.

The Following User Says Thank You to fea1010 For This Useful Post:
FireOpal (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

FireOpal HB User

Thank you! I'm now 53 hours clean. It is getting easier.. I found an old stash of nicorette gum. I've chewed 2 pieces, one last night, one today.

Early this am, I was actually crying thinking about life without cigarettes.. I felt sad, I'm gonna miss them. But I want to be cigarette sober more than I want them.

And I know I can't have a glass of wine... a trigger.. i will want want smoke...

Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
(male)

C119 HB User

Good for you.When I smoked I couldn't even brush my teeth without a cigarette burning in the ash tray.If I can quit cold turkey after forty three years anyone can.You can do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to C119 For This Useful Post:
FireOpal (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
(female)

FireOpal HB User

I'm approaching the 96 hr mark... I think now I will start counting by days..

Feeling good.... my back and ribs feel a little sore.. I think from the dry heave.... ah, i hate that ... I'm not sure if it is the wellbutrin or the bp medication.. and don't want to stop either one to find out..

Old 11-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User

You go! Are you still hanging in there? I hope so. Evil habit. I know. I'm trying to stop too. I have the patch, I have gum, though the way you're doing it, that's the fastest way from A to Z. My lungs look like crap from smoking so I feel that this may be my last "get out of jail free card," and I hope I do. Don't be one of the people who quits after it's too late, be proactive. That is what I am trying to do. I've had a lot of warnings, the last two years those warnings come closer and closer together. I am afraid and it sounds like you might be too. I hope you are still fighting the urge.

The following user gives a hug of support to mamasnug:
FireOpal (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
(female)

FireOpal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasnug View Post
You go! Are you still hanging in there? I hope so. Evil habit. I know. I'm trying to stop too. I have the patch, I have gum, though the way you're doing it, that's the fastest way from A to Z. My lungs look like crap from smoking so I feel that this may be my last "get out of jail free card," and I hope I do. Don't be one of the people who quits after it's too late, be proactive. That is what I am trying to do. I've had a lot of warnings, the last two years those warnings come closer and closer together. I am afraid and it sounds like you might be too. I hope you are still fighting the urge.
Yes, I'm still hanging in and it is easier every day. My husband smokes and he is taking it outside.

I have the gum too - it helps. I haven't needed it today. I'm sorry to hear your lungs look like crap. Mine aren't great, either. I don't have the results from the CT yet.

Are you still smoking? I'm done.. I won't go back... I never want to go thru what it took to get thru the w/drawl again. I'm so amazed, as I was smoking 1.5 packs/day - 25 years smoking.. began at 14, I'm now 40. I have no experience of adult life without a cigarette - that's gross.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #10
(female)

cocofrankie HB User

My friends suggest me trying e-cigarette, it helps me reduces the addiction to tobacco cigarette. The one I used is novocig ecigarette

Reply Reply