It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
(male)

mikeladdder HB User
Cool Tobacco recovery

I was a constant smoker and I drove a straight truck for a living.. I was up to about 2 packs a day! I'm 26 now. I can't explain what made me quit but I can say that when the time came I DID IT!

I smoked as far as I can remember.. probably since I was 10.. Sounds crazy? it's true though. I did relapse a couple times and that was scary as hell.. Just one ciggarette.. Well that lead to another.. and this happened a couple times..

Once I took a fresh pack right off my moms dresser and smoked about half the pack.. this was like a month after I "Quit" So I have no Real 100% actual date of when I quit cause I did relapse a couple times but nothing serious cause I was so determined to quit..

I can't tell how I had such high will power and motivation to do so.. as if someone litterly told me and trained my mind into knowing one more pack would end my life and everything else I loved..

All I can hope is you too can find that.. My mother is over 50 now.. and still a smoker.. my brother, sister aswell.. And my brother started when he was 25 or so? Crazy!!!!!! I actually got my sister started and one of my good friends to this day. I can remember the exact spot I got my sister started.. down our street a few houses behind some bushes..

It's a some what unique experience.. The first few months I actually liked the smell.. Ide say: "oh it's fine you can smoke, I actually like the smell.. I used to smoke" Now I hate it.. I can put up with it but I just feel like it should'nt be there (around me, In the air.. Nothing) and I mean I am 100% right..

I do feel for people who were like me and I always told my self I will never be that person to quit and say: Dont smoke around me!! etc.. OR preach about how I quit so you should too etc..

I actually that same year ran into a woman battling cancer with no hair.. And she though somehow she could inspire me by a lecture.. "Wrong" doctors commercials.. noone of that would ever work on me..

I actually told myself I smoke cause I love to smoke and I love the taste and I accept what may happen to me from being a smoker.

Now I can look and say thats wrong.. It's all wrong. There are people in this world who don't smoke and they would like nothing better than non smokers to be in their lifes aswell.

I also quit weed / alchohol aswell.. (Quit everything)

I mean it is odd at times.. I mean I can't go chill with my home boys and smoke a fat *** blunt.. Or go get drunk with my first drinking buddy.. and sometimes I'll feel really out of place but guess what those true friends you can always fall back on and the others you don't need.

The blunt friend is now my game friend.. I talk about diablo 2 all the time haha.. and my other good friend well were always a very open friendship, having a good old time would be nice but I know its NOT possible and will never ever happen.

At very random times maybe 5 times or less since I actually quit within the year.. I had a feeling like i'm gonna go smoke a ciggarette.. then it would hit me.. that I don't smoke.. So I get a little anxiety on what I should do instead..

It can be a struggle and at times you can feel odd and out of place in this world.. When I was a smoker my life always seemed on track as if nothing would change about that.

I am smoke free since January of this year ( Think the official last cigg was this month) So I'm going on 1 year smoke free + everything else free besides cola

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Tobacco recovery

Congrats on quitting! Rather than get anxiety over what to do instead of smoking, try to visualize how nice it will be not to have to worry about emphysema or worse when you get into your 60's or 70's!

Reply Reply