It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

gottaquit51 HB Usergottaquit51 HB User
my 3rd day

today is my 3rd day smoke free..i have quit before and failed..but this time its not an option ! i want so much to quit.. yersterday i hAd some wicked times i wanted to smoke so bad ! but i didnt and im very proud of myself.. si i need everyones prayers ! so once again i pledge i will not smoke today..im taking this one day at a time..thinking long term scares me ..

Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

Re: I'm new, my quit date is tomorrow and hi!

hi my name is gloria and i quit 3 days ago..it has been a little tough..im using an electronic cigarette..i just use it when i have a really bad crave..i try and get thru the other ones on my own..my sister quit with chantix a yr ago..shes still not smoking, i hear it works.. so good luck to you and stay positive..smoking is not an option...we can do this !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

can anyone see my posts ??

well its almost day 4 and im still hanging in there..im feeling better about it..im starting to feel like i can do this ! posting here as helped even though no one has respomded..it helps me to write down my feelings and thoughts.. ive been wondering if anyone can see my posts

The following user gives a hug of support to gottaquit51:
jas1964 (01-06-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to gottaquit51 For This Useful Post:
moderator2 (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
(female)

jas1964 HB Userjas1964 HB User
Re: can anyone see my posts ??

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings during this difficult time. I wish you well and believe me I know how hard the process is. Hopefully your strength will help me. I am a smoker and will have upcoming surgery and need to quit as if I don't it is not worth going through the surgery if the smoking inhibits the healing process. I am 47 and have smoked off and on since the age of 14. Actually, in my 20's when I was having children I quit all together. I am one of those who have quit for a period then go back. I am so frustrated and upset that I give in. In fact, I watched my father die 4 years ago from COPD from his many years of smoking. Even when I watched him fight to breath I could not stop myself from smoking. What a fool I am as I know what the outcome of smoking is. So within a few weeks I will be joining you on the journey of quitting. So my words to you is keep going and yes keep posting to vent and share what you are going through. Better to type then smoke. LOL Take some deep breaths as they will be cleansing breaths without smoke in your lungs.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
(female)

Wink Re: my 3rd day

By the way I have to add that I also have an electric cig. and when I have used it in the past people are so funny as they think I am nuts. Hey, we do what we need to do to get through. At least I can use it in a pinch when I feel the urge. So I will need to get my dusted off so it is ready to use within the next few weeks.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User
Re: my 3rd day

you are now a nonsmoker be proud of it

Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
(female)

im praying for you..i watched my mom die of lung cancer and continued to smoke..go figure..i have also quit before..once for 4 months, this time im trying to learn everything i can.. i dont want to fall back into that trap. i am 60 yrs old..my mom died at 68..so its my time to stop..i use the e cigarette just when i have to..im also afraid of that thing,,who knows whats inside that..but i weighed it out and the cigarette has to be worse.. i watched a friend the other day smoking a cigarette and he had a heart attack. it was scary. he had surgery and they put a stint in, why do i think these things wont happen to me ? anyway i pray ur surgery goes well. and your right smoking does interfere with the healing process..its all in the circulation..i will still be here..i am so committed with tis quit..i feel its my last chance ..

Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
(female)

Isn't it amazing how we see things happen and still smoking consumes us. I always said I am glad I am not a drinker because if I was an alcoholic I would be doomed as my willpower is crap. But like you I will beat it and we can do it. Keep it up.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
(female)

plc HB User
Re: can anyone see my posts ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1964 View Post
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings during this difficult time. I wish you well and believe me I know how hard the process is. Hopefully your strength will help me. I am a smoker and will have upcoming surgery and need to quit as if I don't it is not worth going through the surgery if the smoking inhibits the healing process. I am 47 and have smoked off and on since the age of 14. Actually, in my 20's when I was having children I quit all together. I am one of those who have quit for a period then go back. I am so frustrated and upset that I give in. In fact, I watched my father die 4 years ago from COPD from his many years of smoking. Even when I watched him fight to breath I could not stop myself from smoking. What a fool I am as I know what the outcome of smoking is. So within a few weeks I will be joining you on the journey of quitting. So my words to you is keep going and yes keep posting to vent and share what you are going through. Better to type then smoke. LOL Take some deep breaths as they will be cleansing breaths without smoke in your lungs.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
(female)

plc HB User

I am glad to see someone old (sorry about that) on this site fighting with this awful habit. Today I put the patch on,smoked for 40 years, hate to say that...watch my father die from it and then my cousin. Still smoke during all that horrible time, well I hope I can do this!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
(female)

1eunice HB User

You can do it! I know you can! Just having such will to quit as you have will make it possible! No, it's not easy, but it's possible! You can!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
(female)

plc HB User

Good for you, I am in day two, you are right tough times, my prayers are with you that yu can do this.

Reply Reply