It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

gottaquit51 HB Usergottaquit51 HB User
celebrating ONE WEEK !!

i have made it one week ! cold turkery never thought it the past i could ever do it that way ! but now im convinced its the only way to go..stretching it out over weeks and months is to much mentally for me ! cause i always failed..this way it forced me to deal with the withdrawls and get my mind it the right frame to do this journey..i feel better mentally, my tongue is sore which i hear is normal as the tobacco film comes off, my tongue also had some adjustmas to go thru..but that is a lot better also.. im so proud of myself..i know a week isnt that long, but to me the way i feel mentally tells me im done with smoking..i know that whatever stress i go thru, smoking will not help ! i have to deal with issues without the smoke, cause all thats gonna do is make me have to go thru all this again, cause i dont want to smoke again ! well im praying for myself and everyone else on this journey..once again i pledege i will not smoke today..no matter what ! its not an option !

The Following User Says Thank You to gottaquit51 For This Useful Post:
moderator2 (01-10-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

torresscotia HB User
Re: celebrating ONE WEEK !!

Today is a week for me too. Can't believe i quit after 37 yrs of smoking. Put it in gods hands. I said a prayer and said jesus u said if we asked in yr name u would grant it. well im asking u. This is the first time in all my years of trying to quit smoking it doesnt bother me at all. God has taken the cravings away. I feel great already. Am walking, working out and eating right. Thank u jesus. Great to u too smoke free for a week.

Last edited by torresscotia; 04-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
(male)

max55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB User

Great work. Thats how I did it - cold turkey. I started exercising a lot more and I still took breaks out on my balcony, just had decaff coffee instead of a cig.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User

1 week is a long time, well done you are now a non smoker
i did it cold turkey 11 years ago and now feel great
its hard but its worth it,

Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
(female)

neonpostitnotes HB User

Today is one week for me!! I'm happy, too! Some guy overheard me telling someone else and said sarcastically "Oh that's gr----" and before he could finish I told him that if he was going to downplay that I made it a week, then I'd punch him in the face haha. He doesn't understand!!

Congratulations to you!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

I've been nervous about whether I'll be able to quit completely... even though I've never been the most heavy smoker. but I've been good a hundred percent for almost a few weeks now and that feels good
I know I can refrain for spells of time, but quitting altogether..that's the challenge esp how 2 during job related stress...??!!

Last edited by stasis4; 05-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
(female)

donnelda HB User
Thumbs up Re: celebrating ONE WEEK !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaquit51 View Post
i have made it one week ! cold turkery never thought it the past i could ever do it that way ! but now im convinced its the only way to go..stretching it out over weeks and months is to much mentally for me ! cause i always failed..this way it forced me to deal with the withdrawls and get my mind it the right frame to do this journey..i feel better mentally, my tongue is sore which i hear is normal as the tobacco film comes off, my tongue also had some adjustmas to go thru..but that is a lot better also.. im so proud of myself..i know a week isnt that long, but to me the way i feel mentally tells me im done with smoking..i know that whatever stress i go thru, smoking will not help ! i have to deal with issues without the smoke, cause all thats gonna do is make me have to go thru all this again, cause i dont want to smoke again ! well im praying for myself and everyone else on this journey..once again i pledege i will not smoke today..no matter what ! its not an option !
Good for you!!!! I am celebrating week one as well but it does not feel like a celebration...lol i am getting more irritable as the days go on but i am hoping this group is what i need to help me through!!!!!!! good Luck!!

Reply Reply