It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
(female)

mrswilson HB User
i quit smoking and now my sternum feels like it's about to explode

I quit smoking january first and now every morning when I wake up I can hardly move because I feel like my sternum is going to break in half if I roll over. It also hurts to touch it. Sneezing and coughing are also a struggle. Is this something I should see my doctor about or will it eventually go away?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
(female)

tallen0525 HB User
Wink Re: i quit smoking and now my sternum feels like its about to explode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswilson View Post
I quit smoking january first and now every morning when I wake up I can hardly move because I feel like my sternum is going to break in half if I roll over. It also hurts to touch it. Sneezing and coughing are also a struggle. Is this something I should see my doctor about or will it eventually go away?
this is going to be old, but came accross this and have dealt with it myself. I went to the chiropractor and he adjusted some ribs, said there was brusing and may take some time for it to feel better. He was right!! Three treatments later and I felt so much better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

rtfair HB User
Re: i quit smoking and now my sternum feels like its about to explode

Having the same issue since I quite February 1st. Been to doctor, had chest xray and nuclear bone scan as also experiencing pain in upper spine and ribs. All tests un-remarkable. While it's a big relief, still doesn't help with pain. Seeing chiropractor as well, has helped but not taken away completely. They say it may be due to the stress of quiting and lungs trying to heal after 40 years of smoking. Any other advise would be great!!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
(male)

Carolhardinn HB User

When I quit smoking cigarettes for good, I realized that my addiction to nicotine was a mere symptom of my problem with myself, my emotions, and life in general.

The Following User Says Thank You to Carolhardinn For This Useful Post:
charleswb (06-30-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
(male)

phranc2002 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfair View Post
Having the same issue since I quite February 1st. Been to doctor, had chest xray and nuclear bone scan as also experiencing pain in upper spine and ribs. All tests un-remarkable. While it's a big relief, still doesn't help with pain. Seeing chiropractor as well, has helped but not taken away completely. They say it may be due to the stress of quiting and lungs trying to heal after 40 years of smoking. Any other advise would be great!!
Wow. You quit after 40 years? Ive been smoking almost 20 on and off and am finding quitting to be the hardest thing ive ever done! Hope I can be successful! Congrats!

Reply Reply