It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
stop smoking and then bad bloating/slow digestion

ive read a lot of posts on different websites from people who quit smoking and suddenly got bad bloating and digestive issues that went away when they started smoking again. something to do with your digestion slowing down after you quit. has anyone experienced this?

Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: stop smoking and then bad bloating/slow digestion

Hi,
Isn't it just typical to give up one thing only to experience something else.
Not being a smoker I cant relate to this but if you are suffering from slow food movement you could try DOMPERIDONE which is good and helpful for that purpose.
I'm sure someone else will have the answer to this. Good Luck with quiting smoking.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

nix2412 HB User

Hi
I know exactly what you mean about the bloating which seems to be a common thing. I started taking aloe vera juice twice a day and it has made a huge improvement. It aids digestion and I used to take it years ago for IBS. All supermarkets sell it as well as health food shops. I hope it works for you.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

jenna55771 HB User

Yes upset stomach for about as long as I have quit now like 3 weeks.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User

Yup, Ive had that problem too, because nicotine is a stimulant, like coffee, and when your body gets used to it then it is taken away, ofcourse your digestion slows down. I have found that taking more fiber, sometimes prune juice, and having some extra caffine helped alot. Then I would gradually slow down the caffine and get back to normal. For me it was mostly the first month after quitting. But I only smoked a pack a day...you may need more if you smoked 2 packs or more.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

I haven't experienced this yet but I'm just 2 days in. I do know that I seemed to experience it at times when I drastically cut down on cigarettes in the past (i always went for the slow torture methods of quitting until recently).

Just force yourself to down a glass of water every time you want a cigarette. And one thing to watch out for is artificial sweeteners or anything that contains them! Equal, Nutrasweet, Truvia, Splenda--pretty much all of them but Stevia in the Raw! My god, they will eventually bloat you like a beached whale, and they do it slowly, insidiously, within days--sometimes weeks, depending on your sensitivity and how often you consume them. But just you wait. You will find yourself consuming more and more of those little packets or drinks (because watch out: they also make you crave more sweets) and then it's like suddenly you wake up and you look pregnant. Sometimes it's just water weight, and sometimes it's just the fallout from the massive cravings they gave you.

Reply Reply

Tags
bloating, quit smoking