It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

djstrano HB User
Post Xanax and Chantix

I am about to start my Chantix prescription to quit smoking. I have had the pills for a week now but have been afraid to start taking them due to the seemingly 1,000 warnings just from the package insert alone!

I have been talking to friends who have taken it and, knowing the potential or it to cause panic attacks, I looked on line or answers as to whether of not I could take Xanax with the drug.

I was happy to find a thread that addressed my concerns so I decided to join up.

Unfortunately, that thread has been closed so I am opening up a new one in hopes that I can get more feedback, as well as, share my own personal experience day by day.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

shelia53 HB User
Re: Xanax and Chantix

I take xanax with my chantix.I haven't had any side effects but i have only been on chantix for a week..My doctor prescribed it tho and she knows i'm on both of them so i wouldn't worry about it if i was you.Hope this helps.

The following user gives a hug of support to shelia53:
djstrano (03-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to shelia53 For This Useful Post:
djstrano (03-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

djstrano HB User

I began taking Chantix this morning. Noticing a little numbness in my lower lip and neck area, but not sure it is related to the Chantix. I was on my second cup of coffee, so I stopped drinking it. I DO suffer from neuropathy so I am hopeful this is just a normal, and hopefully, passing sensation.

Going to TRY and take it easy to today. Keep the xanax handy just in case...

Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
(male)

djstrano HB User

On day 4 of Chantix and I have cut down smoking dramatically. Cigarettes don't taste good at all and they don't have that satisfaction or gratification they once gave me. So far I have not experienced any major side effects. I did have some very vivid dreams last night and early AM that woke me up, but happy to say it is going quite well.

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety attack, chantix, quit smoking, xanax