It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
(female)

SaraDS82 HB User
Question Fatigue and Headaches on Chantix/Campix

I have been on Chantix/Champix (South African name) for a month and am experiencing fatigue and evening headaches.... has anyone else had this? if so, what did you do to combat these side effects?

P.s. Stopped smoking 10 days ago and going strong

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
(male)

crazysmoker HB User
Re: Fatigue and Headaches on Chantix/Campix

I had headaches since day 1, in day 7 now and still having the headaches. I am still smoking some, so dont know if its associated with still smoking or not? Has your gone away yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
(male)

gabborawk HB User

Ugh... I came hear to post the same thing. I'm on day 10 going on 11 and I'm actually considering skipping the morning pill because I don't want to drive in rush hour traffic for half an hour while feeling drowsy.

I don't have so much of a headache as I do a "foggy" head.

I've been smoke free for 3 going on 4 days now and my lungs feel healthier than ever but jeeeez does it ever come with a price!

I'm really not sure if I'm going to continue with the second 30 day pack.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
(male)

gabborawk HB User

decided to cut the blue pill in half and so far so good (in terms of being drowsy). Therefore instead of taking 2 blue pills twice a day I'll be taking it a half a pill 4 times a day.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
(male)

gabborawk HB User

Well it's been a while since I last posted so I figured I'd give an another update on my situation.

I'm no longer having slight headaches, fatigue, or "foggyness" and to be honest it only happened during the second week. In fact I spoke with my doctor and she said I was dealing with some nicotine withdrawal.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably take a full week off of work during the first quit week.

Have I quit smoking? yes, and I for the most part don't really have an urge to. What I do find interesting is that all of my friends and ex girlfriends smoke and I get reminded of this fact whenever I'm out with them. When I'm at the bar with some friends there will be a somewhat long period of time where they'll leave me to go outside and put one in the air while I sit inside alone by myself.

I don't know, it kind of makes me wonder if I subconsciously chose my friends and partners based on their smoking habits. At the very least it serves as a reminder of why I started smoking in the first place. Thankfully I'm no longer a teenager who needs to fit in with the cool crowd.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
(female)

ch0212 HB User

Hello,

I'm not re***y having any other side effects from the Chantix. Just the blasted headaches which didn't start until week 3 this time. Not sure if still smoking with the Chantix has anything to do with it or not. I have tried it both ways and still have headaches, some days they are worse than others.

Has your symptoms gotten any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysmoker View Post
I had headaches since day 1, in day 7 now and still having the headaches. I am still smoking some, so dont know if its associated with still smoking or not? Has your gone away yet?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #7
(male)

ycteach HB User

I went nuts on Chantix. Found Myself facing felony charges (burglary) after a 40 year life as a model citizen. Gambled away 10K in 6 months, nearly lost the house and my job. Had blackouts. . only a merciful court and employer---and help from my family prevented me from ruining my life completely

Ended up getting off of it, and eventually quit Cld Turkey. Coming on 1 year

Reply Reply