HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Smoking Cessation (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/smoking-cessation/)
-   -   One year clean (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/smoking-cessation/896665-one-year-clean.html)

max55 04-11-2012 10:32 PM

One year clean

Woo hoo. April 13th 2011 was my quit date. Hard to believe its been a year. Heath issues kind of forced it on - went from over a pack a day to nothing.

I still do miss it a lot sometimes but no way could I ever enjoy another one. Clean air, clean clothes, clean car, better health, not having to stop by a gas station everyday to buy a pack. Its been nice.

neonpostitnotes 04-17-2012 04:56 PM

Re: One year clean

Congratulations!! Great job. I've quit a few times, but never made it a year. That is awesome :)

max55 04-18-2012 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=neonpostitnotes;4963301]Congratulations!! Great job. I've quit a few times, but never made it a year. That is awesome :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Its not been easy but the benefits have been great.

Robinson123 05-06-2012 10:28 PM

Good job buddy and i am sure that you are feeling a proud feeling that you have done it.

plc 05-08-2012 05:21 PM

good for you, I hope you have done something special for yourself.

rosier 05-13-2012 01:54 PM

Congrats on your one year somber. I have been somber for 11 years and still going strong. There are still times when I get stressed out that the urge will hit, it never totally goes away. But Like you, I think about the smell, and the money it takes now. I am glad to be free. Hugs for today.

rufous57 05-16-2012 09:13 PM

Congrats on your quit! For every month you stay off cigarettes, those health benefits just keep on getting better and better! I did not believe I could ever quit but I did it too a year and a half ago - stick with it!!

Lulubells 05-20-2012 08:12 AM

I quit 18 months ago due to health issues and used the medication I was on for that to help me get off of the cigs. I NEVER thought I could do it, tried many times and failed but this time I was more determined than ever to quit and it was SO easy!! I was armed with the patches and gum and hardly used any of them.

When I think of the $MONEY$ I have saved!!!!! As a reward, with the money I saved, I treated myself to something I always wanted to do and just never did it..

I love walking out of the house without having to check and make sure I have enough to last until I get back! I LOVE going places and not getting that edgy feeling of wanting one. They rule your life and everything you do and I knew it, that is why I wanted to quit.

I still let people smoke in my house and car and I find it so odd that I DO NOT even smell their cigarette smoke.. Most of the time I don't even realize someone is smoking around me... Isn't that crazy?!

Congratulations on your year smoke free!!