It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

ellemichee3 HB User
Question Scared to take Chantix

I asked my doctor for a perscription to Chantix because I want to quit smoking but have found that ever since I began smoking more.

I have heard very bad and good things about this medication. I have the starter kit right here in my purse un opened...

Advice from anyone would be awesome... I am nervous about the violent behavior... has anyone experienced that? I also take anxiety medication at night. The doctor said the two medications are okay to take together.

Should I take it starting tonight?!! Should I cut it in half?? Help! I want to quit smoking already!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User
Re: Scared to take Chantix

I also had heard to much about Chantix, even found a web sight where people posted about their bad experiences on it and I wouldn't dare try it. A lot of those people said they would rather smoke than go through what they are going through since they took that stuff. It causes a lot of people long term problems, long after they took that last one.

I had a friend that tried it but didn't tell anybody he was on it, I knew something was wrong with him by how he was acting so I asked him if he was on any new medications and he admitted to the Chantix. I got online and we looked it up and it was a real eye opener for him and he was madder than a hornet... so many negative things he was experiencing were side effects of that drug. That day was the last day he took them..

On the positive side, my former boss used Chantix to quit after many failed attempts before. He quit using it, said he had no side effects except for vivid dreams and he is still smoke free 3 to 4 years later..

My son in law also use it to quit with no side effects and he is still smoke free..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User

Lulubells,
I did quit using Chantix. The side effects I had while taking it were vivid dreams, which were kind of cool and nausea. The nausea wasn't bad if I took it with food. However, after I was off Chantix, I started suffering from pretty bad anxiety and slight depression. Now at the same time I became menopausal and quit a long term job to start my own business, so I really can't blame the Chantix. I think I inadvertantly created the perfect storm! I think the fact that you're already on an anti-anxiety is a plus for you. Now I did relapse and start smoking again after 18 months, I felt so stupid! For about the last 2 1/2 to 3 years I've been using an electronic cigarette. I know I'm "addicted" to it, but it's 100 % better than smoking. I can breathe again, no more wheezing and hiding from my grandkids. If you really want to quit you'll find a way! Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing!

Rayel

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
(female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayel View Post
Lulubells,
I did quit using Chantix. The side effects I had while taking it were vivid dreams, which were kind of cool and nausea. The nausea wasn't bad if I took it with food. However, after I was off Chantix, I started suffering from pretty bad anxiety and slight depression. Now at the same time I became menopausal and quit a long term job to start my own business, so I really can't blame the Chantix. I think I inadvertantly created the perfect storm! I think the fact that you're already on an anti-anxiety is a plus for you. Now I did relapse and start smoking again after 18 months, I felt so stupid! For about the last 2 1/2 to 3 years I've been using an electronic cigarette. I know I'm "addicted" to it, but it's 100 % better than smoking. I can breathe again, no more wheezing and hiding from my grandkids. If you really want to quit you'll find a way! Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing!

Rayel

Last edited by rayel; 05-20-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: meant to reply to ellemichee3

Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

luvmyfamilyof4 HB User

it makes me sick to hear of all of the horrible side effects from this drug. I have two friends that went literally nuts on this, and it's FDA approved! After hearing of all of the negative side effects I tried the conqueror ecig and haven't smoked one cigarette. A nurse let me try it for 3 days and I've not gone back. I hope you find something that works for you. It's such a nasty habit!

Reply Reply

Tags
chantix, quit smoking