It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
(male)

tk123 HB User
Need some assistance

Hey there. I'm a son of a parent who smokes and lately I've been getting nervous for my father who is a smoker. From what I know, he has been smoking since his early 20's to present (he is in his mid 40's). Over my eighteen years as a kid it never really seemed to effect me how dangerous smoking could be. Recently though, it really struck me how dangerous smoking is. God bless him he is healthy and doesn't seem to have any issues however it just bothers me that these cigarettes are slowly effecting him. I've spoken about quitting with him many times in the past and he has tried on a number of occasions (electric cigarettes, nicotine gum, etc.) however, it is just a terrible addiction that he can't break. As I get ready to move onto college, I won't be there to talk with my father and make sure he's ok and for some reason I've just been worrying a lot over this smoking issue lately. Many people I know from ages 20-60+ smoke and seem completely fine however, I still am concerned for my father. I would appreciate any tips you guys had for me to get this negativity out of my head and any suggestions I could give my father to quit. I know it won't be easy but anything is worth a shot. Thank you so much and I apologize if I put this in the wrong section.

Last edited by tk123; 05-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Need some assistance

He can quit, just not ready to do so.you can't force some to quit when you want them to, yelling and screaming will not work. You have to hope that he will discover this before there is a major health crisis, where he will have to try to quit. You should be concentrating on you first. You are realizing the dangers of prolonged smoking can do. Get yourself taken care of first. If you succeed, he might take the lesson to heart and do it himself. And getting away from that enviroment will help you. Just look out for you. Just pray for your father that he will one day see the light. Good luck and hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Last edited by rosier; 05-13-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: messed up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply